Success story on Geni- made me feel worth doing it. - Trying my best English from this Afrikaans tannie.

Started by Private on Sunday, November 23, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Private
    Geni member
Showing all 9 posts
Private
11/23/2014 at 6:31 AM

Mike Stangel and all Geni stafff. I think you will enjoy this. You know how strongly I feel about Archive Research. On Thursday a user on Geni, Susanna Lynette Nellie Auret contacted me, regarding a death notice I have loaded a while ago. She sent her e-mail address and I contacted her and send the DN and other Griesels I had, to her.
It was the DN of the father, of her mother inlaw, well in her 80's now. The granny have lost any personal contact with her family for 15 years now and finding this DN on Geni and a litte more help from my researcher friend in Bloemfontein, Private the same day, a meeting between the two sisters were made for the next day.
I was in tears and felt all the good and all the bad, do pay off and I must not quit.
Thank you Geni for a platform where we can reunited family.
Judi

11/23/2014 at 10:41 AM

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that story.

11/23/2014 at 2:46 PM

:-)

11/23/2014 at 11:25 PM

I just want to thank judicial and all the ppl working so hard to help others here not only did she reunite with her sister but we also found out pieter taljaard is also family thanks again and judicial u Charlene and pieter do great work I applaud u

11/23/2014 at 11:26 PM

I mean Judith sorry tablet does it own corrections

Private
11/23/2014 at 11:43 PM

No problem Susanna. I had to share this as it makes it worth my while to go on doing what I love most - genealogy.
Charlene and Pieter are great genealogists as well.
Thank you Mike Stangel for giving us this platform.
Judi

11/24/2014 at 4:04 AM

Aag dis wonderlik Susanna, Judi is ons "goeie engel" hier hoor! Haar goeie hart het nie perke nie... hierdie storie is weereens 'n bewys daarvan. Dankie Judi, groot waardering vir alles wat jy vir ons doen! ;-)

Private
11/24/2014 at 7:08 AM

Ai Charlene ek doen maar net wat ek graag doen en waarvoor ek lief is.
Lief julle sommer almal.
Juds

Private
11/24/2014 at 7:11 AM

And now we know about a Family Bible with all the inscriptions since the begining of Griesel in SA as well. But that is 1st for our distribution.☺
Sue I will look up our communal grandfather on Wednesday.
Have a good evening.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion