Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 - Locking this profiles till Archives re-open in January - Reason there seems to be a query of the marriage.

Started by Private on Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 1-30 of 42 posts
Private
12/23/2014 at 5:21 AM

According to the death notice, Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 was not married to a Johanna Geertruida Maria Cordier (Oosthuizen) as SAG / SAF suggested. GISA should be informed? - Jan Marthinus Blomerus, noticed this but the family has a family Bible with the marriage being recorded.
Proofs will be send after the holidays.
Pieter Taljaard will investigate at the Free State Archives. They are closed till January. Pieter will also go and take pictures of the graves.
Judi

Private User
12/23/2014 at 9:01 AM

Hi - the issue is not so much the marriages, but rather the link of Pieter Marthinus Cordier born 1892 according to his Death Notice, to Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier who died 1883 according to his Death Notice.

The link is wrong - multiples causes likely. For example, that the wrong Death Notice is linked to the wrong GENI profile, or else just missing a generation.

Private User
12/23/2014 at 9:11 AM

But here is the proof of the Cordier Oosthuizen Marriage, also referred to in SAF... (can be found via eggsa search)

15 May 1836
Jurie Christo Cordier
and
Joh. Geert. Maria Oosthuizen
Source: Nederduits Gereformeerde Gemeente (NGK), Beaufort West, Western Cape. marriage index register, 1819-1842. Repository: NG Kerkargief, Noordwal-Wes, Stellenbosch. Transcribed by Kathleen Schulz, from Cape Archives VC 751.
Note: VC 751 is a photocopy of a modern index to the original Beaufort West marriage register (date and indexer unknown) in the NG Kerkargief, Noordwal-Wes, Stellenbosch.

Private
12/23/2014 at 9:19 AM

Hi, so Johanna Geetruida Maria Cordier (Oosthuizen) is correct according to SAF & the death notice is wrong. And the death notice is wrongly linked so where must it go, please look it up in your SAF.

Private User
12/23/2014 at 9:32 AM

Repeating: the additional info not in SAF but a hint that it might be at the Hugenote museum...

But there are other Cordiers, e.g.

Name: Jurie Antony Johannes Cordier
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 11 Jan 1875
Event Place: Kroonstad, Free State, South Africa
Residence Place: Bulfontein
Marital Status: Single
Record Type: Banns
Birth Year (Estimated): 1850
Spouse's Name: Rachel Magdalena Naudé
Spouse's Residence Place: Holspruit
Spouse's Age: 28
Spouse's Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1847
Entry Number: 10

Perhaps does not fit in with the DN or this discussion... but who knows where they fit in?

Private
12/23/2014 at 7:40 PM

Hi, Jan

But here is the proof of the Cordier Oosthuizen Marriage, also referred to in SAF... (can be found via eggsa search)

Jurie Christo Cordier is Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1, where's image where this is writen on or give a link to this image. This is proof??

Private User
12/24/2014 at 12:06 AM

dont follow. i have given the citing to the image which is an academic acceptable method. the word proof was meant in that context ie where SAF got it.

Private
12/24/2014 at 12:22 AM

Ok, Where is the link to the document or photo?? If record it will be in a book and there will be a photo of the document??

Private
12/24/2014 at 12:25 AM

So if SAF say it's so. it's correct????

Private
12/24/2014 at 12:27 AM

How can Jurie Christo Cordier be Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, if you got proof of that I shall believe it.

Private
12/24/2014 at 12:31 AM

The death notice of 1883 or so, are wrong accroding to you. The SAF, a book or whatever is publish when maybe 2013 or 2014 is correct??

Private User
12/24/2014 at 1:38 AM

Pieter, I see you deleted the profile concerned, so in my opinion this conversation is now null and void as well. I said the link between e1 and the Pieter Marthinus you deleted was incorrect. Keep well.

Private
12/25/2014 at 4:36 AM

Hi all. No people, lets not get heated up. As soon a better proof that the DN can be submitted we can see what is what. I have brought the issue under the other curators attention and they agree that till better proof can be found, and hopefully the Bible will proof if wrong or right, let us leave this now till we have found that.
Baie geseënde kersdag vir almal.
Judui

Private User
1/4/2015 at 5:03 AM

http://www.genza.org.za/index.php/en/nw-quarterly/cat_view/179-gssa...

"Ek kan onthou
hoe opgewonde die NG Kerk (Kaapstad) argivaris destyds
was toe hy ’n ene Jurgen Anthonie Johannes Reynier Cordier
van Gamkaskloof se huwelik in die Colesberg se registers
opgespoor het onder die naam “Korje”. Hy en Lydie Fouche
(Voesee) het mekaar by Thaba Nchu ontmoet toe die
Gamkaboere, omrede droogte in Prins Albert, agter weiding
aan na die Vrystaat moes trek. Die kampkommadant het sy
toestemming gegee dat Lydia by Jurie kon intrek, maar hulle
moes by die eerste geordende gemeente waar hulle verby
trek (Colesberg) die huwelik wettig."

Private
1/4/2015 at 6:42 AM

Hi, Donovan

Het 'n gedagte dat Rachel Magdalena Fouche dalk Lydia Maria Magdalena Fouche kan wees. Gaan more argiewe toe vir meer informasie.

Groete,
Pieter

Private
1/5/2015 at 7:11 AM

Pieter got the DN and the information as per profile is correct. No wife by name of Oosthuizen.
Thank you Pieter Johannes Taljaard for again going to the archive to take photos of DN and to verify correctness of profile.
GISA is informed.
Correct DN sent to them.
Greeting
Judi

Private User
1/6/2015 at 12:48 AM

*Edit* Hi - not possible for information (links) to be correct. According to DN of e1, he died 1883. According to DN (and gravestone) of Pieter Marthinus, he was born 1892.

Private User
1/6/2015 at 6:25 AM
Private User
1/6/2015 at 4:51 PM

Hi Donovan. You moved Oosthuizen to a different Cordier. Any reasons for it? The marriage you are referring to is in Colesberg between Cordier and Fouche (which would excite some!), while the marriage of Cordier and Oosthuizen was in Beaufort West?

Based on the stories in the profiles and general timeline, I think it may be the other way round, i.e. e1 married Oosthuizen and Christoffel Jurgens A J R Cordier you are referring to married Fouche and another?

I am merely writing this message for academic reasons, main concern from my point of view is the missing Cordier links.

Private
1/6/2015 at 10:30 PM

Pieter and Sue have gone to the cemetery and there is an Auret- that goes hand in hand with the specific Cordier line, and that migght just be the missing link. The uncle (brother of the living daughter) will soon sent us the information on teh Bible inspriptions and then we can maybe make a better judgement, but I do agree with Jan in so far we have prove.
Juds

Private User
1/6/2015 at 10:35 PM

Hi Jan

I think we have established that Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 (e1) did not marry Oosthuizen?

Private can you remove the lock?

I share your concern that there is a missing link with Pieter Martinus Cordier

Private
1/6/2015 at 10:41 PM

I will do but the direct family will be on our heads again and it is not Pieter it is the son of this profiles son.
Judi

Private User
1/6/2015 at 10:49 PM

But I think you may have a point! In that Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 may be the father of Jacobus Cornelius Cordier................

Private
1/6/2015 at 10:49 PM

I have put a tree querie photo there.

Private
1/6/2015 at 10:55 PM

At the cemetery (Kransfontein, Leeudoringstad) there's a grave of Sarel Dawid Cordier1885-1965, brother of Pieter Marthinus Cordier. the estate file of Sarel Dawid Cordier can be find @ Pretoria archive :

DEPOT TAB
SOURCE MHG
TYPE LEER
SYSTEM 01
REFERENCE 3422/66
PART 1
DESCRIPTION CORDIER, SAREL DAVID.
STARTING 19650000
ENDING 19650000
REMARKS UNMARRIED.

So I believe maybe can get answers in that estate file, who was the parents. I know there is a problem with Pieter Marthinus Cordier's profile, so if any other one got a better plan, please speak, because at the moment I don't have an answer.

Pieter

Private
1/6/2015 at 11:09 PM

Hi, Judi

Think got the wrong profile for tree querie, profile is Pieter Marthinus Cordier that got a problem. Parents?

Pieter

Private
1/6/2015 at 11:18 PM

Hi, Donovan

Got a point Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1, may be the father of Jacobus Cordier (Jacobus Cornelius Cordier ), Don't understand, it look like people don't trust the death notice information, but they believe in the SAG. Now there's a problem with Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1?

Pieter

Private User
1/6/2015 at 11:49 PM

Pieter, I don't think it is a case of not trusting the death notice... The DN confirms Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 had a son Jacobus Cornelius Cordier.

Private
1/7/2015 at 12:00 AM

Hi, Donovan

Sorry, I understood it wrongly.

Pieter

Private User
1/7/2015 at 1:51 AM

I also trust the death notices the most (sorry Pieter, my messages were very badly layed out and the PM profile is harder to define without a DVN - the PM was never deleted and I mistook that totally), never meant to be critisiing you or anyone or anything),

I am just not so sure about the link from the DNs to these Geni profiles the way they are linked - looking at this we now have two Jurie Christo Anthony (or similar, and a lot of other names) that lived +- the same time but married different spouses).

Agree that the DNs of the other children, as well as of wives Fouche, Nortier, Oosthuizen (and even Naude, as we know about a Naude link as well to another JCA 'complex' Cordier - and in Kroonstad) could be very useful in tying up all the information. It is clear that GISA do/did not have all the information or tied it correctly.

I admit that the Oosthuizen link (profile I created and moved by Donovan) might have been wrong to start with, being consistent with SAG but possibly incorrect in the bigger picture. But I am not sure it fits where it is currently because of JCA 'complex' Cordier was born 1820, he is 15 when marrying (not unheard of tho)?

And Oosthuizen in general is a bogey for me, for e.g. I cannot find ancestors of that profile - I have at least 6 other female Oosthuizen profiles with similar problems. What is a good Oosthuizen source anyone?

Showing 1-30 of 42 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion