Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 - Locking this profiles till Archives re-open in January - Reason there seems to be a query of the marriage.

Started by Private on Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 31-42 of 42 posts

No problem Jan, we all make mistakes, to rectified the mistakes, maybe it's best to leave it temporarily as is. Until their is concrete proof.
I'm also not sure of the link of Pieter Martinus Cordier to the parents? His death notice don't give the parents names, thats a problem.
Put Pieter Marthinus Cordier under review, or lock the profile until concrete proof is found? Sorry that's my advice.

Also why I'm not sure of Pieter Martinus Cordier parents, is Pieter Marthinus Cordier did have a brother Sarel Dawid Cordier. Not mention in Jurie Antonie Johannes Renier Christoffel Cordier, b7c7d8e1 death notice?

OK people. I am going to Petoria on Friday as Juanè is writing a prelim exam at Pretoria University - even with her 7 distinstions - to be admitted to study "Veeaarts". Jammer Pieter and DOn forgot to tell.
She has a 3 hour paper in the morning and a 3 hour paper in the afternoon, so ouma Juds must take and bring back, and will look up the DN. I will also go through the books and she if any other names are already in estates, but not at the archive yet, as only DN's up to 1978 is there, although it should be up to 1995. But at least it will give us names and d.o.d..
Jan no problem long time over. We will sort it out there are just so many to sort out☺
I have done a total research on Oosthuizen but just my Marnewick/Oosthuizen line but will ask Tobi Swart on Friday where we can find a good and reliable source.
Don hoop hierdie Engels is reg jong.

Thanks Judi your English is great. and congratulations on Juanè's great matric!

I don't see the point of locking anything that is clearly incorrect.. If the 4 of us continue working together as we are, it is a completely manageable situation..

Thanks, Judi. Yes congratulations on Juanè's great matric!

Don it was only a suggestion, well the other suggestion is delete the profile and everyone is happy?

Nice to agree and progress :)

Happy with your first suggestion Pieter (to leave as is, and investigate further)

Not a supporter of delete - PM Cordier (1892) existed (and his profile is correct while we investigate how it fits, the rest no issue) and just need to work with more adequate info, which is forthcoming.

In general I believe deleting any profile, is removing information.

I know that PM Cordier's profile is correct, I got the photo of the grave & the death notice (If that is not proof, what is?). It's only the link to his parents that can be incorrect.

Clearly incorrect, ya sure???

Don between myself, Pieter and Jan we are hard at work looking for DN"s in the VAB and TAB and have found quite a few.
We should be able to make the correct connection "binnekort".
Lekker aand almal.
Juds

Judith my mother in laws uncle will be back on monday from canada then ill remind him to look it up and also get the photo u asked for for the Eggsa project

Any new info on this?

Showing 31-42 of 42 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion