Jacoba Brandenburg, & ancestry.

Начала Private User четверг, 26 февраля 2015
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (16)
Private User
26.2.2015 в 4:59 до полудня

I have found alternative ancestry for Jacoba Brandenburg, her ancestors, & spouse; on another site: Geneanet; on a profile owned by Dirk Schenk....Would anyone who shares these lines please comment on this discussion..I am trying to contact Dirk Schenk, but if any other Geni members, who are also on Geneanet would also like to verify this information...that would be helpful..It can be found by looking up Jacoba Brandenburg on Geneanet, & clicking on where she comes up on Dirk Schenk's profile.Thanks.

Private User
26.2.2015 в 7:25 до полудня

You should start this discussion on Jacoba Brandenburg, SM/PROG 's profile page Danielle..

Private User
26.2.2015 в 7:26 до полудня

Nevermind, tagging her has added the discussion to her profile.. ;-)

26.2.2015 в 9:31 до полудня

Can you tell us what it is Danielle?

Private
27.2.2015 в 1:27 до полудня

Danielle I can't find the Schennk persons information.
She is
Jacoba Brandenburg, SM/PROG is your 8th great grandmother.
I would also love tohave info.
Thank you.
Judi

Private User
28.2.2015 в 9:22 до полудня

I have found in the tree of Willem Leo van Pelt on Geneanet, the details for Engbert Brandenburgh...He was born 27/11/1624, in Kampen, Netherlands..And died in Kampen 20/10/1709.He married Margaretha de L'Espierre in Kampen 8/03/1657...Ten children are listed for them, but no Jacoba Brandenburg.....Incidentally it seems the ancestry I found for Jacoba, is back on her tree on Geni.

1.3.2015 в 5:14 до полудня

Danielle - The First Fifty Years Project's research shows Jacoba as the daughter of Jacob Brandenbùrg b. c 1655 & Aeltie van Heijningen2 b. c 1655
http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g5/p5104.htm

At a quick glance, they appear to be using baptism records to verify this.

So, I'm presuming -you're talking about the previous generation?
Can you post the URL to the profiles you are querying on Geni. Otherwise it's hard to figure out which ones you want us to do a flashmob research on :-)

Private User
1.3.2015 в 7:09 после полудня

Sharon, that is the ancestry I found for Jacoba...The one on The First Fifty Years Project....Glad it was correct..That was the ancestry I altered it to...The ancestry that HAD been on Geni before that, gave her parentage as Engbert Brandenburgh & Margaretha de L'Espierrre......So I think we can leave it as it is?

2.3.2015 в 12:10 до полудня

Oh, okay - I see now: Those 3 profiles I contacted you about deleting: Engberg Brandenburgh; Barend Frederick Lèobe and Margareth de Lespierre - were appearing as Jacoba's parents, and that's why you deleted them?

Ahh - the penny drops :-)
Okay so it's likely that a mis-merge had occurred somewhere and the three above got relocated to Jacoba's ancestry. Can you see how deleting them without consulting the managers wasn't the best option? We would have lost 3 valid profiles from the tree, as their relationship lines were incorrect, not the fact of their existence. (Please please add to their About the research you found out about them too. That will help us if it happens in the future again)

I can see why you did it, my friend, because as a non-pro user you're stuck with very few options to sort out mismerge tangles. I hadn't thought deleting was one of them either, though. Mike Stangel - how is it possible that a non-pro user can delete profiles on which she is not a manager? That leaves non-pro users with only one - the most lethal tool of all - to fix incorrect relationships with: deletion. Or am I missing something?

So, I'm definitely not saying it's your fault, Danielle - If you hadn't noticed - it would still be all mucked up! :-) Well done you. Just that you can yell to the Curators and other managers to participate in helping you clean a tangle on the tree without resorting to deleting, when you come across one.

2.3.2015 в 12:16 до полудня

I will put a Curator note on Jacoba's profile to aid in preventing another mismerge on her ancestry. I see Private, Daniel Jacobus Botes, g2h3 and Private User have been work on this line, so may be able to check it over for correctness now.

It would great if we could get the rest of the tree onto Geni for Engberg Brandenburgh; Barend Lubbe (Lèobe) and Margareth de Lespierre - that you found Danielle - that would go a long way to preventing another mismerge, and would benefit our GEni tree too.

2.3.2015 в 12:18 до полудня

*working
(one finger typing!)

2.3.2015 в 3:06 до полудня

I agree with Sharon's viewpoint and did not also raise the deletion, because it was adequately addressed. Will check since this affects my direct line.

2.3.2015 в 3:49 до полудня

Get Danielle to help you on any profiles that could use filling out - Daan. She's a great asset, as she accesses the French records too.

Private User
2.3.2015 в 7:43 до полудня

Will bear what you said in mind, in the future Sharon...Re. Engbert Brandenburgh..I have his ancestry, & list of children with Margaretha, but no further information on any of them (the children) after that...If I discover any I'll let you all know.......Thankyou Sharon also for your kind words..I will certainly be happy to help on any French lines, if I can.

2.3.2015 в 1:15 после полудня

:-)

10.3.2015 в 10:24 до полудня

I have found the follwing remark in this maternal ancestor's notes
"niggie van Johannes van Heyningen, onderkoopman v/d VOC" = cousin of ... minor buyer in the
David D

Показаны все сообщения (16)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении