Christian IV King of Danmark og Norge van Oldenburg - The many illegitimate children of Christian IV

Started by marijke bekken on Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
3/10/2015 at 9:56 PM

This profile Kaptein Henrich Henrichsen Wiborg?

Well, - you have added and connected it, and it is you that should provide all sources you have on this person, and today the profile is totally empty, and as you indicate by looking on the patronymic part of the name: It does not fit in.

I suggest we just disconnect it until you have some sources on that connection. Write down at least all you know into the profile.

This is by the way the main profile of Christian IV king of Denmark and Norway, - try avoiding creating duplicates.

Private User
3/11/2015 at 10:04 PM

May be you should stay away from Geni and stick to your personal PC if your intention is having a private tree.
Geni's intention is a World Tree without duplicates and there is a constant effort to remove duplicates.
http://www.geni.com/worldfamilytree/learn-more

Private User
3/13/2015 at 12:41 PM

Nah, there is obviously a reason why you deleted the messages I made a comment to....

There exists a lot of fake trees out there, and when people claim undocumented connections to royals we always ask for all details, - both to give people a chance to prove it, but also to help searching for sources that tells something else. That is not being bitchy, but to help you.

Geni's goal is however having a would tree and I can guarantee that your version of Christian IV would be merged into the world tree, so we should check your "son" before it happens.

Many such connections was made by genealogists, even professionals taking money to find such a connection in the growth of nationalism before WW2. At that time we could not check primary sources as today. Those connections has lived on as "family secrets" but also when printed in a book - it had to be true?

Some years ago a Norwegian family claimed hardly such a connection and even went public about it and even worse changed their last name to be more "royal".

Among Norwegian royalists there was a large discussion about it and all arguments was pulled to pieces, but it was claimed that there had to be falsification of the church records to "save" this king. Finally the family agreed on a DNA test, which finally closed all speculations on such a royal connection.

3/13/2015 at 11:36 PM

Björn, man har tydligen kopplat samman Margareta Hammar (christiansdotter) som dotter till Christian IV. Men några direkta bevis finns tydligen inte. Bara indicier. Finns det mer info att tillgå i Danmark angående det här? Vore kul om det stämde. .

Margarete Christiansdatter

/ Johan

Private User
3/14/2015 at 2:26 AM

Det bør du ta opp med de ansvarlige for den profilen.
Eller så er jo About Me ganske omfattende på denne profilen, og det er slikt jeg ber om når noen kommer med en slik kobling: Alle argumenter for og imot, men helst i form av dokumentasjon.

3/14/2015 at 8:40 PM

Hallå Bjorn, Your sentence is EXACTLY why I made that those few profiles private, because i expressly did not want people using it as gospel, nor linking it to a royal line as others have done (primarily on MyHeritage). I know that is a big problem, and seems to be particularly prevelant on MyHeritage. What I am doing is to go with the legal parent per the patrinym and make a biography comment about the family story. The internet is a font of information, but it is not necessarily accurate information!

Has Geni thought about adding a step when you add parents to check if that person is already on Geni somewhere and to avoid some of the duplicates? For instance, for the family we've been discussing, Geni seems to have 3 Alhed Povelsdatter's, and they all seem to be the same person. I don't know if there is a way for non-Pro people to suggest a merge or to initiate a merge. If there is, I would appreciate knowing it.

Actually, I delete most personal messages I ever post anywhere, along with most of my emails simply as a matter of course. There are no pictures of me on the internet either, so far as I have ever seen. I like to keep my private life private, and all sources can be hacked. So it was nothing particular there.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion