John Drake - Wrong marriage with Margaret

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
4/29/2015 at 11:41 AM

I think there is a problem here with John Drake & the marriage with Margaret Harmon who was wife of William Payne Harmon dau. of John LeBoteler and Dorothy Terril, the dating does not seem to fit.

Margaret was still having children with William Harmon in 1518 when the son Francis Drake was born. William Harmon is listed as dying in 1547. How could John Drake have been her 1st or 2nd husband? What few references I have found so far only list Margaret as the husband of William Harmon/Harman. I could not find so far any references for John Drake or the son Francis Drake.

The Smart Matches for Francis Drake all list him as the son of Margaret (Cole) & John Drake. Margaret Drake & John Drake of Exmouth and Ashe

Also John Drake is listed as the son of Son of William Drake, of Great Waltham and brother of Joan Drake; Thomas Drake, of White Notley and John Drake of Exmouth and Ashe. Yet, John Drake of Exmouth and Ashe is the son of John Drake of Otterton and Agnes Kelloway, husband of Margaret Cole, but he is also listed as a son on William Drakes profile. (Could this be left over from a wrong merge and disconnection?) Okay, I see after trying to resolve the conflict for John Drake of Exmouth that the relationship as son of William Drake has shown up as a conflict. Now I'm getting confused even more as was John Drake of Exmouth even married to a Margery Drake or was her husband miss-merged?

I will remove the father William Drake, of Great Waltham as parent of John Drake of Exmouth and Ashe there are several references that John Drake is the son of John Drake of Otterton and Agnes Kelloway.

Gene Daniell can you possibly shed some light on this as you added this profile and several of the connections.

Private you may be interested in this as you had interested in Margaret Harmon

Private
4/29/2015 at 1:00 PM

Thank you for kindly passing these references back to me.
Amazing , in-depth and patient research ! congratulations.. you will likely work out a final solution ! Meantime, the muddle should be resuming some order.
( I stick with my Grace. Butler many relationships &, fulsome information!)

5/22/2021 at 3:12 AM

I think there is several stories of my Great Grandfatherx12, I am a Drake, my father's madian name is Drake( Gordon F Tronstad', adopted by my grandmother's new husband when he was 3 years old. My grandmother's name was Uarda Jane Drake, father of Forest Henry Drake ( born Aug 1, 1884- died April, 1975. Margaret Cole( Fitzwarin) her madian name. my great grandfather did marry Margret Cole, where did you get your information from? I would happy to send your documents of marriage , my email- lifeishell68@gmail.com. thank you karrie Jane kenyon

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion