Aimon I, viscount of Dinan - Parents of Aimon (Hamon)

Started by Private User on Sunday, July 5, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
Private User
7/5/2015 at 10:20 AM

I have different prents for him. Does anyone have more Information? It's important to me as he has the same haplogroup as mine, DF100/CTS4528. Thanks.
Ancestors of Hamon (Aimon) I. vicomte de Dinan
Generation 1
Hamon (Aimon) I. vicomte de Dinan, son of Alain de Bretagne and Roscille d'Anjou, was born in
987 AD in Dinan, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He died in 1054 in Dinan, Ille-et-Vilaine,
Bretagne, France. He married Raentlina de Bretagne. She was born about 980 AD in Bretagne,
France. She died about 1015 in Dinan, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France.
Generation 2
Alain de Bretagne, son of Matuedo de Poher de Bretagne and Hawisa Carolingian, was born on
01 Jan 910 AD in Vannes, Morbihan, Bretagne, France. He died on 01 Jan 970 AD in Nantes,
Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France. He married Roscille d'Anjou.
3. Roscille d'Anjou.
Roscille d'Anjou and Alain de Bretagne had the following child:
1. i. Hamon (Aimon) I. vicomte de Dinan was born in 987 AD in Dinan, Ille-et-Vilaine,
Bretagne, France. He died in 1054 in Dinan, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He
married Raentlina de Bretagne. She was born about 980 AD in Bretagne, France.
She died about 1015 in Dinan, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France.
Generation 3
Matuedo de Poher de Bretagne, son of Alain de Bretagne and Orequen de Rennes, was born in
897 AD in Bretagne, France. He died in 930 AD. He married Hawisa Carolingian.
5. Hawisa Carolingian.
Hawisa Carolingian and Matuedo de Poher de Bretagne had the following child:
2. i. Alain de Bretagne was born on 01 Jan 910 AD in Vannes, Morbihan, Bretagne,
France. He died on 01 Jan 970 AD in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire,
France. He married Roscille d'Anjou.
Generation 4
Alain de Bretagne was born in 850 AD in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France. He
died in 907 AD in Bretagne, France. He married Orequen de Rennes.
Orequen de Rennes, daughter of Gurwant de Rennes and Adalind de Bretagne, was born in 854
AD in Bretagne, France. She died in 907 AD.
Orequen de Rennes and Alain de Bretagne had the following child:
4. i. Matuedo de Poher de Bretagne was born in 897 AD in Bretagne, France. He died in
930 AD. He married Hawisa Carolingian.
Generation 5
Gurwant de Rennes was born in 840 AD in Rennes, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He died in
877 AD in Rennes, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He married Adalind de Bretagne.
Adalind de Bretagne, daughter of Erispoë (Haruspogius) duc de Bretagne and Marmoex de
Poher, was born in 840 AD in Rennes, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France.
Adalind de Bretagne and Gurwant de Rennes had the following child:
9. i. Orequen de Rennes was born in 854 AD in Bretagne, France. She died in 907 AD.
She married Alain de Bretagne. He was born in 850 AD in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique,
Pays de la Loire, France. He died in 907 AD in Bretagne, France.
Generation 6
Erispoë (Haruspogius) duc de Bretagne, son of Wyomarch Wiomarch de Bretagne, was born in
810 AD in Rennes, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He died on 11 Nov 857 AD in Cousin,
Corrèze, Limousin, France. He married Marmoex de Poher.
39. Marmoex de Poher was born in 820 AD in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France.
Marmoex de Poher and Erispoë (Haruspogius) duc de Bretagne had the following children:
i. Nominoë duc de Bretagne was born in 790 AD. He died in 851 AD.
19. ii. Adalind de Bretagne was born in 840 AD in Rennes, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne,
France. She married Gurwant de Rennes. He was born in 840 AD in Rennes,
Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He died in 877 AD in Rennes, Ille-et-Vilaine,
Bretagne, France.
Generation 7
Wyomarch 76. Wiomarch de Bretagne.
Wyomarch Wiomarch de Bretagne had the following child:
38. i. Erispoë (Haruspogius) duc de Bretagne was born in 810 AD in Rennes,
Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France. He died on 11 Nov 857 AD in Cousin, Corrèze,
Limousin, France. He married Marmoex de Poher. She was born in 820 AD in
Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France.
Generation 8
152. Argante "Arastagne" roi de Bretagne.
Argante "Arastagne" roi de Bretagne had the following child:
76. i. Wyomarch Wiomarch de Bretagne.
Generation 9
304. Constantine prince de Bretagne.
Constantine prince de Bretagne had the following child:
152. i. Argante "Arastagne" roi de Bretagne

Private User
7/5/2015 at 10:51 AM

Aimon 1,viscount of Dinan the parents i have listed are Binidic Castellin de Cournouaillie b 942 @ Liutgarde de Vermandol b 920 i think the parents are wrong you will have to send a message to the manager of the profile Jennifer Marie Dose mother is listed as b 920???

Private User
7/5/2015 at 10:57 AM

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Dinan-17 shows the same parents I have. I don't remember my source, it was a long time ago.

7/5/2015 at 11:06 AM

His parents are unknown. As the profile says, he is thought to have been a cadet of the dukes of Brittany. That's the best we can say.

One of the characteristic features of medieval genealogy in Brittany is that all of the old noble families were artificially arranged at a later period into a super-tree, all descending from the same stem family. Pure fiction.

7/5/2015 at 11:09 AM

I detached his parents and added a curator note.

Private User
7/5/2015 at 12:30 PM

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/BRITTANY.htm#_Toc359762273 Shows no known parents.
This French site which ought to know more shows him to be http://www.pagedhistoire.com/personne.php?idP=22079
Hamon de Thouars, seigneur de Dinan
Né en 975. Décédé en 1030.

Fils de Aimery III, vicomte de Thouars (955 - 997) .

Conjoint :

• Roianteline de Dol (995 -),

fille de Judicaël de Rennes, archevêque de Dol (975 - 1037)

Enfants :

• Josselin, seigneur de Dinan (1012 -)

• Junkeneus de Dinan, archevêque de Dol (- octobre 1040)

• Riwallon de Dol, seigneur de Combourg (1015 -)
and seems more credible as his wife was a Miss de Dol.

Private User
7/5/2015 at 12:43 PM

This is in French, is interesting, about the Family and Location. http://lanvallayhistoire.eklablog.com/histoires-c931258/16?noajax&a...

7/5/2015 at 1:32 PM

An unsourced website is still unsourced, whether it's in French or English. Look for a contemporary or near-contemporary source that names his father. Or, find an academic article that discusses the different theories and explains why one of them must be right and all the others must be wrong.

Private User
10/12/2018 at 7:53 AM

Well, we're back to him again, courtesy of his daughter "Innoguent" (Inoguen de Dinan).

According to MedLands, he married "Roiantelina", daughter of Riwallon de Dol and unnamed wife. Cawley's source for this is unstated and he admits that primary evidence has not been found.

Documented children are:

1) Hamon (Aimon) II
2) Junguene (Guinguen, Junken), Archbishop of Dol
3) Joscelin (I) de Dinan
4) Riwallon (II), Seigneur de Dol et de Combour
5) Inoguen (Innoguent), m. Tehel (Teher, Teheu, Teuharius) of ?

and by an unknown mistress:
6) Salomon "bastardus"

There is some timey-wimey mess around this profile, with him being assigned "sons" who may, possibly, have been grandsons, and others whose relationship is more obscure.

The later Riwallon "the Red" and Geoffroy (I) de Dinan *may* have been sons of Joscelin, though the connection is nowhere explicit.

"Robert FitzHamon" appears to derive from a misreading of a charter made by Hamon fitz Main (fitz Tehel) referencing a brother Guillaume and a *paternal uncle* Robert (who would presumably be fitz Tehel, not fitz Hamon).

Flaald of Dol apparently got into the act because "Alain fitz Flaald" witnessed a charter or two made by the descendants of Hamon I, and somebody jumped to the conclusion that Flaald must have been another son of Hamon I. There is no evidence for this, and some indication that his actual father was one Hato, a contemporary of Guinguen the Archbishop. (Hato appears to have been joint seneschal (under the Archbishop?) with a brother "Willelm".) The closest we have to confirmation is a charter c. 1050 witnessed by "Fretaldus et Hato pater eius".

Private User
10/12/2018 at 8:18 AM

The rarity of a father being named after his son has been commented on and has led to the conclusion of some interpreters that "pater" was a transcription error for "frater" and actually refers to a known brother of Flaald's who witnessed a charter c. 1060. This does not exclude the possibility of Flaald and Hato (II) being sons of Hato (I).

Private User
10/12/2018 at 8:55 AM

One further note: The language of Brittany, Breton, isn't French - it's a Celtic tongue spoken with a French accent and grammar, and it is closely analogous to Welsh. In other words, it is *not* an accident that so many Breton names are so similar to Welsh ones.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion