Richard Henry Cockerille, Sr. - Richard Henry Cockrell

Начала Linda Kathleen Thompson, (c) воскресенье, 16 августа 2015
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (15)
16.8.2015 в 5:34 до полудня

I'm trying to figure out if/how this might connect to this area of the tree.

http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000026535442186

Any thoughts?

16.8.2015 в 5:56 до полудня

Perhaps his father, Jeremiah had a brother that he was named after......

16.8.2015 в 6:43 до полудня

According to this, there is a daughter Ann of Jeremiah Cockerille and Katherine Lewis that married a Mr. Turley. She died about 1807. Perhaps Ann's parents are actually Jeremiah, not Richard Henry Cockrell.

http://gedcom.surnames.com/burgess_jim/np278.htm

16.8.2015 в 4:12 после полудня

I am a descendant of Jeremiah Cockerille and Katy Lewis. Family information passed on to me shows that Jeremiah and his first wife, Martha Linton, had a daughter, Nancy, who married a Mr. Turley and they had Samuel, George, and Alexander. Nancy may have been born in 1759 which would place her in the right time period. There may have been other children born to this couple. A lot more research seems to be needed.

16.8.2015 в 5:11 после полудня

Thank you for responding to this Frances. We do need to keep researching this line.

I read about that Nancy (Ann), too. Their location is right for it to be likely, but I haven't found anything that makes me feel sure enough to make a positive connection. However, I do have a George and Alexander as her children. Need to compare birth dates for them.....

16.8.2015 в 5:16 после полудня

My pathway to you at this time is through my mother's side.

http://www.geni.com/path/Linda-Thompson-busy-remodeling-home+is+rel...

The Turley/Cockrell connection would be through my father's side.

16.8.2015 в 5:40 после полудня

Loudoun County Virginia Chauncery Court Case Index No 1834-107,
Ann Turley v. Adm. of Catherine Cockerill 1834, William Whaley Administrator of the estate. This Chauncery Court Case names: Ann Turley, Thomas Cockerill, Spence Cockerill, and Jane (Cockrell) Thornton, of "the whole blood." This case also names: Richard Cockerill, Elizabeth Boyd (husband John Boyd), Eleanor Triplett, Malinda Moffett (husband Benjamin Moffett), and Catherine Ferguson (husband Amos Ferguson) of "the half blood."

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?
mv=flat&m=34&p=surnames.cockerill

Also...

Loudoun County Virginia Chauncery Court Case Index No 1848-001
Ann Turley v. Executor of William Whaley
In this Chauncery Court Case, Ann (Cockerill) Turley and Jane (Cockerill) Thornton are identified as "full sisters" of Catherine Cockerill whose estate was administered by William Whaley. The case also mentions that Catherine Cockerill was also known as Kitty Cockerill. Thomas, Samuel and Spencer Cockerill are identified as being "full brothers" of Catherine Cockerill. Richard H. Cockerill, Elizabeth (Cockerill) Boyd, Malinda (Cockerill) Moffett, Catherine (Cockerill) Ferguson, and Eleanor Triplett are identified as being "heirs of the half blood." This case further identifies the following as being deceased at the time of the court case: Thomas Cockerill, Samuel Cockerill, Richard H. Cockerill, Malinda Moffett, Eleanor Triplett, and Elizabeth Boyd. Ann Turley and Jane Thornton are identified as widows. A partial distribution of the estate was made to John Thornton on 25th March 1835.

16.8.2015 в 6:56 после полудня

After adding the children of Jeremiah to the tree I have become convinced the Ann Turley (Cockell) is likely the daughter of Jeremiah. I also added Jane Thornton (Cockrell as another sister. The two court cases seem to support this.

Loudoun County Virginia Chauncery Court Case Index No 1848-001 Ann Turley v. Executor of William Whaley In this Chauncery Court Case, Ann (Cockerill) Turley and Jane (Cockerill) Thornton are identified as "full sisters" of Catherine Cockerill whose estate was administered by William Whaley. The case also mentions that Catherine Cockerill was also known as Kitty Cockerill. Thomas, Samuel and Spencer Cockerill are identified as being "full brothers" of Catherine Cockerill. Richard H. Cockerill, Elizabeth (Cockerill) Boyd, Malinda (Cockerill) Moffett, Catherine (Cockerill) Ferguson, and Eleanor Triplett are identified as being "heirs of the half blood." This case further identifies the following as being deceased at the time of the court case: Thomas Cockerill, Samuel Cockerill, Richard H. Cockerill, Malinda Moffett, Eleanor Triplett, and Elizabeth Boyd. Ann Turley and Jane Thornton are identified as widows. A partial distribution of the estate was made to John Thornton on 25th March 1835.

Source: http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=34&p=surna...

16.8.2015 в 6:58 после полудня

Let me know what you think, Frances.

16.8.2015 в 7:01 после полудня

I didn't merge Nancy and Ann because I'm not sure at this point that they are one and the same. Nancy might have died prior to these court cases.

16.8.2015 в 7:40 после полудня

Frances Ann Smith

16.8.2015 в 7:41 после полудня
Показаны все сообщения (15)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении