Merge Center Does Not Include Merges We Requested?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
9/8/2015 at 3:44 PM

Recently was told by a Curator, in another Discussion, that merges we have requested do NOT show up in our Merge Center.

I can understand them not showing up as Suggested Matches.
But WHY do they not show up as Requested Merges??
I would like to be able to look at those and decide if perhaps another message should be sent to a Manager or a Family Member, or if perhaps I no longer want the Merge, etc.

I was definitely not aware of this being the case - would have made myself lists/notes if I had been aware of it. Has it always been the case?

Is there any way one can discover the as yet unfulfilled Requested Merges one has made?

Private
9/8/2015 at 3:56 PM

you should be asking Mike Stangel this not me. The merge system is greek to me. I don't even know if most of the curators fully get it either

Private User
9/8/2015 at 9:28 PM

Take a closer look in your merge center: There is a pull-down menu to the right. When your focus is the "Requested Merges" tab there will be an entry there named "Requested By Me". It does however not limit the list to requested by me within my family.

9/9/2015 at 12:14 PM

If you click a button labeled "Request to Merge" it does / should show up in your merge center, under Requested By Me.

Private User
9/10/2015 at 8:21 AM

Choices in My Merge Center - for Viewing - are:
My Relatives
Followed by Me
Managed by Me
Managed by My Collaborators

There is no choice labelled "Requested By Me" - You are Correct that this changes if I have clicked "Requested Merges" -- Very Tricky!!

10/4/2015 at 8:54 PM

Private User. -- Requested by Me does not show up in the pull down menu unless you have already clicked on the Requested Merges tab on the left side.

So try that. Merge Center. Left hand side tab concerning merge requests. Pull down menu.

All you not yet agreed to merge requests ahold be there..

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion