Musicians Plaza Backstage Chat

Started by Dimitri Gazan on Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 92 posts
9/29/2015 at 2:44 AM

Welcome to the chat and meet the Plaza musicians backstage!

9/29/2015 at 4:03 AM

Couldn't resist this one lol. Just had to share this with you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wNKQ7RRXfk

9/29/2015 at 7:50 AM

Fabulous, Dimitri! Great additional component to Geni's Musician Plaza. Like this idea of musician and music lovers, sharing music via "Backstage Chat"! It's something this non-musician does all the time--share music videos with friends, only I was emailing the links!

Private User
9/29/2015 at 8:09 AM

Thanks Dimitri,
good tune to start off the day!

Here is a song my step-dad wrote while he was touring with the Maynard Ferguson Band ...he is on guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-GXarRA8Qc

9/29/2015 at 9:04 AM

I starts off very clean, but than later on, they really start to groove :) Like it! Why do I immediately think of Frank Zappa, when I hear the xylophone in combo with the mix of styles LOL?

Private User
9/29/2015 at 10:50 AM

I remember him writing that song at the dining room table when I was a kid. I think he toured with Maynard in the late 80's...you have a good ear. I didn't even notice the Xylophone in the percussion, had to listen several times. I am not sure if Frank Zappa is any influence, but my step dad is a great musician and can play anything.

9/29/2015 at 5:23 PM

Thanks for sharing the video, Jamey! I like the song very much! Is your step-dad still an active musician?

Again, thank you! Great pick-me-up!

Private User
9/29/2015 at 5:26 PM

Hi Loretta, your welcome. Yes, he is actively a musician but not touring with any particular band at this time.

9/29/2015 at 8:02 PM

Nice one!!! 😘💘

9/29/2015 at 8:07 PM

Jamey, that's a sweet story about being present when your step-dad penned that song. Really nice memory to carry with you.

9/29/2015 at 8:38 PM

Welcome to the Musicians Plaza Backstage Chat, Renée! Though not a musician, I'll poke my head in every now and then, simply bc I enjoy music of all genre, and like to follow creative folk making music. Yes, I'm a bit of a groupie!

I watched some of your music videos, and Dimitri's, as well, and was quite impressed!

Rock on!

9/30/2015 at 1:53 AM

Nice start to the day

9/30/2015 at 11:58 AM

The Musicians Plaza has been updated with the Personal Project Page of Gitiim!

10/1/2015 at 5:35 AM

If this isn't art, I don't know what is ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnzdp71U78

Private User
10/1/2015 at 6:29 AM

Yes, the art of music varies just like visual art. Love this little Back Stage chat @ Dimitri Gazan

Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox you have a beautiful voice.

Loretta Alexandra, M268111 Thank you, it was nice to see my step-dad at work.

I recently joined the Jazz Greats section of Geni, and @Erica Elizabeth Howton was kind enough to create this profile and allow me to be a manager after I asked her why Coleman Hawkins was not in the Jazz Greats. I love his music and he was definitely and innovator. Have a listen to one of my favorites. Great that there is film on him too.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=coleman+hawkins&ei=UTF-8&...
http://www.geni.com/people/Coleman-Hawkins

/6000000036651845801?through=6000000036652794947

Have fun friends. =)

Private User
10/1/2015 at 6:30 AM

oops, this is the link for Coleman Hawkins profile Coleman Hawkins

10/1/2015 at 2:42 PM

Jamey, I appreciate Coleman Hawkins as one of the all time masters in jazz. Happy to see him acknowledged here on Geni with a profile, thanks to your input.

Don't see a profile page for Maynard Ferguson, though; is that now in the works?

Private User
10/1/2015 at 3:41 PM

I have not found one yet, Loretta Alexandra, M268111... please let me know if you come across one for Maynard Furgeson, thanks. As a regular member of Geni, I don't think have the ability to create one for him.

10/1/2015 at 4:24 PM

Maynard Ferguson tree started

His parents were musicians in Canada, and I have no special access to Canadian records. So hopefully others will jump in and help tree build ?

Tagging morel Kevin Lawrence Hanit

10/1/2015 at 10:12 PM

Loretta Alexandra, M268111 That's Great! As we musicians all know, without the groupies, there are no intensly awesome Concerts & no industry to speak of!! 😉👍🏼 And besides this, your daughter is carrying that torch, well! 💘

Private User Thank you, so much!!! 😘💖 and your step-dad, is also, quite coooool!!! 😎👍🏼

Erica Howton I'll do a bit of digging & see If I can't turn something up, too! 😊😘💝

10/2/2015 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for starting the Maynard Ferguson tree, Erica. He's one musician really worthy of our attention, plus this will give the younger generations an introduction to his contributions to jazz, and music in general.

Speaking of starting new trees, yesterday I created a profile for artist/sculptor Alexander Archipenko, using your instructions, which were quite easy to follow. I didn't have to call for help, so that made me feel pretty good! Thanks, again!

10/2/2015 at 11:27 AM

Renée, as you probably guessed, it's because of Gitiim, I am a music groupie.

I enjoyed reading your Project Page on Geni's Musician Plaza, then clicking on the links to your performances, which are really fine. Thanks so much for joining our Plaza!

10/2/2015 at 1:58 PM

For those who had to get up way too early in the morning but forgot to set the alarm, and left in a hurry without the necessary caffeine boost, here's a shot of adrenaline for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

10/2/2015 at 2:21 PM

Love love love the foo!!! Great tune! 😍
Loretta Alexandra, M268111 Why thank you, very much! As with most artists, I always appreciate it, when someone appreciates, what I do. 💖

10/2/2015 at 2:27 PM

Would you all, be so kind, to hit the link then, hit the ❤️heart❤️, next to this song. I'm trying to get on a charity cd sampler, to raise funds for disasters i.e. Katrina, Sandy, Haiti etc. founded by Linken Park. Need massive votes, to win anything and the 4 leading songs, seem to know hundreds of people, willing to vote. 😋😉👍🏼

http://www.downloadtodonate.org/submissions/no-fear-renee-walker/

10/2/2015 at 3:32 PM

Done, Renée! My message--with your link attached--sent out to friends:

Renée is a collaborator on Geni’s Musicians Plaza. She’s sharing her original music here. Listen, and if you like what you hear, hit the big ‘heart’ to show your support.

10/2/2015 at 3:41 PM

Dimitri Gazan, it's early evening here in Charlotte, and I just had my little pick-me-up with your music suggestion for the day. Thanks you!

Private User
10/2/2015 at 6:30 PM

Dimitri Gazan thanks for the great music sharing. =)

10/2/2015 at 8:30 PM

Loretta Alexandra, M268111
Too Awesome!!! Thanx a million!!! 🎉🎈🎁🍀😘👍🏼

10/3/2015 at 1:24 AM

Hit the heart for you Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox

Showing 1-30 of 92 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion