Change administrators

Started by Private User on Sunday, January 31, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 12 posts

WHere is the ACTION menu? What Screen?

Go to Profile View. Upper RIGHT hand is ACTIONS. Click on it and there will be a menu of choices.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I have Geni Basic and what I really want to do is give someone else in the family Administration duties (I'm sick and really don't have the energy to continue plus someone should be able to do it in my absence) . I've found a discussion that send me to the ACTION button and then I have to click on "Add manage" but I don't see that option. Do I have to be a PRO member to be able to do that? Any help will be appreciated

I'm asking another curator, as I don't know if you have to be Pro to do this.

Erica Howton - can you answer?

Moraima, are you looking at your profile? Adding a manager is an action that would need to happen on each profile in your tree.

That may not be needed. Anyone in your family that has a Geni account can already manage close family members. A shortcut to giving explicit management of every profile would be to become collaborators with each of your family members. The drawback to this method is that only managers of a profile receive the various requests that can be made from a profile.

Jonathan describes correctly.

Family group is defined / refined by you here:

http://www.geni.com/account_settings/family

No need to collaborate or co manage; essentially, you all already do.

Thanks Jonathan and Erica :)

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I really appreciated

Private User - Their explanation is correct. However, there are advantages to adding a person as Manager. And no, you do not have to be Pro.
On any Unclaimed Profile where you are a Manager (NOT your own Profile) - click on the Action button - then click on "Manager Options" -
You should then see the choice "Add Manager".
If you are the Primary Manager, after you have clicked "Add Manager" and entered someone's name (and chosen it from the Drop Down Menu which appears), you will also have the choice to make them the Primary Manager (if you do not choose that, you stay Primary, they are invited as just another Manager). They must them Accept the Invitation. So you may want to talk to them first.

Some Advantages of adding another Manager
1) They will get the messages sent to the Manager(s) of the Profile
2) If profiles are merged, the one with the most Managers is the Primary Profile (unless one is Claimed or one is a Master Profile). If your Profiles are close relatives to you and/or ones you have well-researched/care much about, this may matter to you - it means your revision history is kept, and your info is more likely to be kept.
3) In the case of Death (hopefully a long way off, but it will eventually happen to each of us), if you are the only Manager, Geni will decide who becomes the Manager of your Profiles - a) their choce, not necessarily who you would choose and 2) they choose only one person for all of them, whereas you may wish to add someone from the appropriate branch for each Profile.

Wow, thank you so much. This was great and clarified some questions I also had. It's wonderful to see how the Geni fsmily takes care of you. Thank you again.

PREVIOUSLY , I HAD THE RIGHTS TO EDIT THE PROFILE, AS I WAS THE CREATOR OF THAT PROFILE.
NOW I FIND IT IS REMOVED. UNABLE TO SEE EDIT BUTTON.

PL HELP.

RAVICHANDRAN v

Private User - if a Person joins Geni and sets their own password then the default is only they will be able to edit the profile of them.

Does the Profile have an Activity Tab next to the Overview Tab?

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion