Lady Mary Graham - Help us figure out this merge

Начала Sharon Doubell воскресенье, 14 февраля 2016
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (2)
14.2.2016 в 11:31 после полудня

Private User, Private User and I are trying to figure out if these two lines should be merged, and what adjustments need to be made to conflicting data, should we do that: https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000020945873262?return=dupli...

The two women involved are: Lady Mary Graham and Lady Mary Graham.

The conversation so far:
Arthur Wilkings Newkirk III 2/2/2016 at 2:46 AM
Hi Ben, I'm pretty sure these two ladies are the same person except they are both MP's. Both married to the same man and have the same son and both have death dates the same. Was trying to merge and couldn't.
could you help out?
Thanks so much, Art

Ben M. Angel
10/2/2016 at 2:58 AM
Hi Art:Could you try to see if you can find a reliable source for them being the same? Something showing that the man involved had only one wife? I just sort of sense that they may in fact be different (and that the death dates were added in without any support). -Ben.

Arthur Wilkings Newkirk III
10/2/2016 at 3:06 AM
Will do Ben. Let me look around at my sources and see if I can find anything. Thanks, Art

10/2/2016 at 4:32 AM
Well both the ladies are daughters of the same man, John Graham, 4th Earl of Menteith.

But, when checking my sources and on ancestry there is only one lady. Her full name is Mary Margaret Graham and in the Millennium File it has her married to

Name Mary Margaret Graham
Gender Female
Birth Date 1544
Spouse George Buchanan
Children Helen Buchanan

It list her as Mary Graham is some places and Lady Mary Margaret Graham in others. I wouldn't bet my life on it but I think it's the same person. Also in all the files I've seen it has the three different spelled names (Mary & Margaret & Mary Margaret) as marrying George in the same year .

Here is the other facts on Mary Margaret Graham.

Facts Associated with Citation
Name
Mary Margaret Graham
Birth
1544 • Mentieth, Perthshire, Scotland
Other Facts for Mary
Gender- Female
Marriage
9 Apr 1565 • Buchanan, Stirlingshire, Scotland
Spouse- George Buchanan
Death
1574 • Scotland

Hope this helps. It seems to be indeed the same person.

Thanks, Art

Here is another place I found the same info.
John Buchanan
MyHeritage Family Trees
Boughton Family Tree in Boughton Family Site (23andMe), managed by Macie Boughton (Contact)
Birth: 1560 - Lennox, Stirlingshire, Scotland
Death: 1619 - Gartincaber, Stirlingshire, Scotland
Parents: George Buchanan, Margaret (Mary) Buchanan (born Graham)
Sister: Helen Margaret Colquhoun (born Buchanan)
Thanks, Art

14.2.2016 в 11:36 после полудня

Sharon Doubell
Yesterday at 8:52 PM
Hmm interesting one. I see what Art is saying, but something isn't quite right about it. The most obvious is that the two husband profiles have different mothers, Elizabeth Livingston vs Helen Buchanan

This involves merging two lines, as far as I can see, so it's worth getting our ducks in a row before we do it, anyway.
Why don't we start a Discussion? Many heads together might be able to spot if there's been a mash-up, or if we simply need to decide between the validity of the Sources?

Today at 5:22 AM
Good Luck Sharon. I'll leave it in your capable hands :)
I haven't seen them sisters anywhere else but here.
But that certainly doesn't mean they aren't sisters with a similar name, daughters of the same man who also married the same man and died on the same day, haha. Could be the product of someone who didn't put in the right info. But I'm with you, a discussion might help out.
Thanks, Art

Sharon Doubell
Today at 9:17 AM
:-) Okay, I'll start it.
=Could be the product of someone who didn't put in the right info.= Relatively simple to figure out.
-Could be a product of a mash-up half merge: which is what Ben and I are worried about, because if you only find that out once you've started merging the two lines - you end up with this kind of conundrum on all the rest of the profiles too. :-(

Показаны все сообщения (2)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении