William Freeman - Freeman line corrections

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts

It looks to me that William Freeman, of Eastham has been miss-merged.

William Freeman who married Lydia Higgins was the son of Maj. John Freeman & Mercy Freeman

I don't believe William was married to anyone else but Lydia.

I was unable to unmerge all the wrong profiles from William Freeman, of Eastham

I will have to switch the children of Mary Freeman , William Freeman, Jr. Thomas Freeman Barbara Freeman Richard Freeman Aaron Freeman & Ann Ward over to William Freeman, Sr.

And then remove Mary Outlaw as the wife of William Freeman, of Eastham

I think the dates listed are for the William Freeman husband of Mary Outlaw, as they are not the dates in the references for William Freeman husband of Lydia Higgins son of Mercy Freeman & Maj. John Freeman

3/23/2016 at 10:14 PM

These dates that were wrongly listed on William Freeman, of Eastham

Birth Date 1673
Death Date July 7, 1737

Probably belong on William Freeman, Sr. husband of Mary Outlaw

Those managers that were for William Freeman husband of Mary Outlaw but were left off because of the wrong merge please request management for William Freeman, Sr.

Private User
3/25/2016 at 7:33 AM

Thanks Carole :)

1/18/2021 at 7:32 AM

This is STILL a work in progress...Likely because no one has added a Q Y DNA to their Geni.
This is NOT the same. He is R haplo: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Freeman-1040

8/5/2021 at 1:09 PM

I started my Freeman line back when everything was paper, microfiche and microfilm. I did my research through the Local Latter Day Saints Library in Lincoln, Nebraska.
I knew nothing about the Freeman family as my connection died when my Great Grandma Benson was 2 years old.
The library research lead me to John Freeman and Mercy Pence, Thomas Pence and Patience Brewster, and Elder William Brewster and Mary Wentworth. During this time I got lost in the generations of John's and William's.
I have used Ancestry for over 20 years and did their DNA. This confirmed the Freeman line to William Freeman and Mary Bryan my 5th great grandparents.
To make this long story short Family Search to this day gives the Freeman line as a Mayflower connection in it's Famous Relatives off and on as I have another 13th great grand father connection to Elder William Brewster. Are we related to the Brewster's? Or lost in a sea of conflicting records?

8/5/2021 at 1:28 PM

There is now a Q line in Geni

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion