Jennet Whitney (Trussell) - Listed with two fathers??

Started by Randi Charlotte Kjærvik on Thursday, June 9, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
6/9/2016 at 1:42 AM

Dear managers and curators,

is it possible to come to a conclusion about the father of Jennet Whitney (Trussell)?

In "About me" , there are listed sources to William being her father.

What sources are there to dispute this, and decide that Thomas is Jennet's father?

Please engang in a clean up - and/or join this discussion with the goal of removing one of the fathers!

6/9/2016 at 8:22 AM

Hi Randi, I don't know if I can help any. I have a William Trussell that married Margery Ludlow. Their issue was Jennett Trussell who married Eustace Whitney. Their issue was Sir Robert Whitney that shows three wives. They are Constance Touchet, Alice Vaughan, and Blanche Milborne. All three has issues (Children).

I do see only Thomas Vaughan and Ellen Gethyn parents to Jennet. That is all I have in my FTDb.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Your 13C2XR, Ken

7/2/2016 at 12:26 PM

Thanks for the input Ken, but I''m still confused.

Does anybody have access to, or knowledge about sources to decide who the correct parents should be?

Anne Brannen , do you have any suggestions as to who might know? If so, please tag him/her? :)

7/2/2016 at 12:43 PM

Ha! I inherited this, and have been leaving it sit.

but now I will go exercise my brain and research skills.

7/2/2016 at 12:56 PM

Happy "work out", Anne! :))

7/2/2016 at 1:05 PM

Got it.

The "Thomas Trussell" comes in through problematic sources; an LDS file, which is essentially meaningless without references; a later Welsh genealogy which is completely unreliable; a history of the Whitneys written by an author who was using information from a genealogist now known to have Perpetrated Frauds.

We're going with William Trussell, who is attributed by the Victoria County History and a book which is more reliable than the stuff mentioned above.

Yay! We have a winner!

I will go clean things up and add new curator's note and Useful References in the About section.

7/2/2016 at 1:18 PM

You're a star, Anne! ☆

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion