DNA Integration Superthread

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, June 30, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1171-1200 of 1386 posts

Thanks so much Lois. I suppose I was looking for some “user error” I could fix but I did see that message.

interesting this... if anyone can advice me where is the best to get my dna tested . thanks

How do we see DNA relatives?
Will we get an email or message her on Geni?

Private User You can view any matches here: https://www.geni.com/dna/matches
You may also get an email depending on your notification preferences.

I have taken my Y-DNA at YSEQ (111) and have the raw data, will it be possible in the future to upload these RAW data to Geni?

Hi @ MikeStangel, I sent you a DM, can you please check it. Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,

FTDNA has released a fix for the following two problems:

1. DNA matches showing old values for shared DNA and longest segment
  2. Missing matches (or none at all) for tests taken in the past year or so

Unfortunately the only way to correct this data on Geni is to unlink and re-link the FTDNA account. Here are instructions on how to do that for yourself, or if you've linked a kit to the profile of a relative:

https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005316387-How-do-I-updat...

https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015419913-How-do-I-updat...

Kindly let me know whether this fixes the problem, or if you're still having troubles.

Hi Mike Stangel, still no luck, no results are pushed from FTDNA to Geni

Mike Stangel

I tried unlinking and linking mine and one of my son's... The linking completed, and the ydna and mtdna is there, but the autosomal matches did not seem to come through

Mike Stangel Hi, It does not work for my new this year tests taken profiles of relatives. They have missing matches issue.

Private User, John Dale Kessel and Private User I believe I've found and fixed the problem... can you try unlinking and re-linking one more time?

Thank you, Mike Stangel! It works now

Mike Stangel, if I'm not mistaken, the previous version used a cutoff value for at-DNA overlap of 25.0 cM. Now it shows "matches" with as little as 8.2 cM which I believe are useless. Is this a bug or feature?

Private User - just so you are aware - FTDNA redid all their calculations, and no longer include any segments under 6 cM in their total - they used to include all segments in the total - so for many the reported total shared cM has dropped dramatically.
Not necessarily relevant to your comment, but maybe tangentially.

Mike Stangel It works now, thank you for support!

Thanks Mike Stangel

It is much better now.

I guess I can begin the process of unlinking and relinking now... It could be nice if Geni displayed some kind of indicator that we should unlink and relink or the date we linked the kit to Geni. I'm having to keep track in a spread sheet of which kits I have completed.

John Dale Kessel - good suggestion. You can now see when the DNA kit was last linked, as subheading on the DNA tab just below where it says "Test Results for <name>"

@mikestangel, i noticed (on recent iPhone) that the webpage is no longer responsive and it has to be stretched out manually to be seen in full like before. Also, some UI & UX improvements could be very useful for everyone on this platform. It would be very much helpful since it is improving quickly with your help also Mike. We are very grateful. I hope you will consider it possible in the short term. Thanks a lot. 🙏🏻

Mike Stangel, I was about to update DNA results on one of my relatives' profiles, and DNA tab is no longer there. DNA tab is present on other profiles, and DNA results are updated. What caused the DNA tab to disappear and how to get it back to re-link FTDNA with updated data?

Private User The DNA tab is gone on profiles with location info telling that the country does not allow DNA, like residents of Israel.

Private User That shouldn't be the case. The profile is of a Russian resident, other relatives from the same location HAVE the DNA tab, and this profile also used to have one but it's gone some time ago. That must be some glitch. But I don't know how to get the DNA tab back. The counter in the notification area still shows a number for DNA matches but when it's clicked, it says "Unable to view DNA matches for this profile".

It can of course also be a claimed profile. Hiding your DNA info is an option in your preferences. DNA blocking is also IP based.

Indeed, it is a claimed profile. But in privacy settings, DNA data is allowed for all. IP shouldn't be an issue since other profiles accessed from the same IP show DNA tabs. But the user doesn't have their own DNA tab when logged in and doesn't see their relatives' DNA tabs and cross-matches. I myself can see their profile as private profile with a green tick as confirmed DNA matches for other relatives, but it used to be a full name and DNA tab accessible (for all profiles with DNA data within my FG). Now it's gone. It happened not long ago (a week or so), and I suspect there was some issue in recent update in Geni DNA. When we try to re-connect FTDNA and Geni (either me or that user themself), we get "You are being redirected." message but nothing happens. Mike Stangel?

Update: Mike Stangel, the issue seems to be fixed now, DNA tab is back and FTDNA reconnected to Geni, thanks.

Hi @ MikeStangel, I sent you a DM, could you please check it when you have 1 Min.
Thank you.
Best regards.

I have tested through my father´s dna long time ago, but I haven't get results. Why?

Not sure what you mean.
Are you saying you ordered and paid for a DNA test on your father?
If so, at FamilyTreeDNA, or at which site?

The last couple of days, I am getting way more matches than I used to.

Is it just me? Or has something changed?

I have not gotten any NEW ones since the integration returned and I remove and re added mine

It is almost 11 am my time - so far already just today 10 new DNA matches for my aunt, 9 new matches for me.

Showing 1171-1200 of 1386 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion