Regions, districts, towns, villages

Started by Jonathan Feig on Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Showing all 6 posts
11/2/2016 at 10:22 AM

I'll try this here also;
I have recently learned here on Geni that my family comes from Podboransky Rohozec/Deutschen Rust. (I always knew my grandfather was born in Prague...)
I am just getting started here so forgive me if this is ignorant. But sometimes its listed in Blsany/Flöhau. And sometimes it say Louny District.
I had guessed initially that Podboransky Rohozec was a village on the township of Blsany which thus existed as part of the larger district of Louny.
Is this entirely innacurate? Partially correct?
What is the relationship of these three places; Podboransky Rohozec, Blsany and Louny to each other?
Thanks,
Jonathan

11/2/2016 at 11:45 AM

Hi Jonathan. I try it. When nobody knows where he was born, he writes in Prague :-D
Podbořanský Rohozec (population 150), Blsany - villages and town Louny are differents places in Louny District, Usti Region. Podbořanský Rohozec and Blšany are very nearly.
Blsany are but two in this district. Blsany and second Blsany u Loun.
First nearly P.Rohozez and second nearly Louny.
Maybe help birth indexs. No jewish are her: http://vademecum.soalitomerice.cz/vademecum/index.jsp

Regards.

Martin

11/2/2016 at 4:01 PM

Thanks Martin.
I just looked at a map also.
I think I understand.
I have found my grandfather's birth record on the Badatelna from Vinohrady so he was actually born in Prague. Haha. ;)
I found HIS father's birth record from Blsany but I forgot to save the link so I'm not sure which Blsany it is though probably by Podboransky Rohozec since that was where HIS father was from. (Great-grandfather died in Prague too. That we know.)
Hopefully I will find time to visit the Czech Republic and see all this stuff up close.
Grandfather's mother was from Breslau Germany (Wroclaw Poland) and that is where my dad was born so I had to go there first to realize that where I really need to visit is Prague.
Haha again.
Thanks for your help and your swift reply.
I think I'm learning.
Better late than never.
Yours Truly,
Jonathan

6/7/2017 at 1:32 AM

Hi Jonathan,

Ive also been researching and know the 3 relevant languages, so here goes: Blšany is a small village East of a larger village/town Podbořanský Rohozec, which was known as Deutsch Rust before WWII. Both belong to the district of Louny. Try looking under "Okres Louny" for births etc. Okres Louny means district Louny and there you should find (in Badatelna) the various villages and towns which came under Louny. Hope this helps

6/7/2017 at 9:48 PM

Thank you Dr. Libuse Taud.
Are you based in Czechia?
I have figured a few things out since I posted this. My g grandfather was actually born in Deutsch Rust, he raised his first family in Flöhau then was already based in Prague when, late in life he married my g grandmother who came from Prussia.
Again, I hope to make it to Czechia at some point to research all this first hand. I know nothing about the mother of my g grandfather Juditha Karolina Löwenthal except that she married my gg grandfather in Deutsch Rust in 1818 and died probably also same lication in 1832.

6/8/2017 at 6:59 AM

Hallo. I live in Germany. I will have more time after I return from Czechia on 25th. June. I know there are web sites you can use to find birth, marriage and death records and I have read "Louny" district so will try to help when I get back.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion