Jan Janszoon van Haarlem, aka Murat Reis the Younger - I question the children from his ABOUT

Started by Private User on Friday, December 23, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
12/23/2016 at 7:34 PM

He later married Margrietje c. 1600. They had four children:

Anthony Jansen Van Salee b. 1607 m1. Grietje Reyniers m2. Metje Andries Grevenraet
Abraham Jansen Van Salee
Phillip Janz Van Salee
Cornelis Jansen Van Salee

I think the Phillip listed is not van Salee. The Philip Jansen who was part-owner of the La Garce appears to have been Philip Jansen Ringo, who came to New Netherland about 1643, hailing from Vlissingen, Zeeland. He first settled at New Amsterdam and after about eight years moved to the South River (now Delaware) where he lived from 1651 to 1657. He then returned to New Amsterdam. He married Geertje Cornelis (widow of Jan Philipszen from Amsterdam), the intention dated November 8, 1647 at the New Amsterdam DRC. Most of this comes from David Riker's collection of family group sheets.

Philip Jansen Ringo drowned at sea in 1662 when he somehow became a man overboard from the ship New Netherland Indian.

The identity of Philip Jansen, part-owner of the La Garce comes from my study of Antoni Crol. In O'Callaghan's Translations of Dutch Manuscripts, Antoni Crol and Abraham Jansen, in Volume II, pg. 233 agree to contribute to the support of Cornelis Doele, a wounded sailor. In the reference cited by Howard, I believe that this was Cornelis Deele who had a cancer.

In Volume II, pg. 277, Antoni Crol, Abraham Jansen and Philip Jansen are part-owners of the La Garce.

In Volume II, pg. 298, goods are left in the hands of Philip Jansen by Antoni Crol, on his departure for Holland.

In Volume II, pg. 300, Philip Jansen Ringo bequeaths his property to Antoni Crol.

These records, taken together, seem to indicate that Ringo was the surname of the Philip Jansen who was part-owner of the La Garce

source: http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/Dutch-Colonies/2005-0...

Do you have any documents that list Phillip or Cornelis as van Salee or Turks?

Please read the Deposition I added in the ABOUT which is the source for Soutgen Caves as his wife. You'll find it QUITE INTERESTING!

Antony Jansen van Salee is Humphrey Bogart's 7th great grandfather.

12/23/2016 at 8:04 PM

Thank you so much for your work on this.

I've detached Philip Jansen Ringo from Murat Reis as his father. I suspect Philip's wife, Geertje Cornelis, can be found on geni, & will take a look for it.

That is one great deposition from the abandoned wife!

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion