Anne Frank - Anne Frank and Karoline Cohn

Started by Private User on Monday, January 16, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Magnus (Gedaliah) Johansen (Ben Yohanan)
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
Private User
1/16/2017 at 4:17 AM

"Holocaust researchers excavating Sobibor, a Nazi death camp in eastern Poland, have unearthed a pendant that may be linked to diarist Anne Frank.

According to NBC News, the pendant seems to have belonged to Karoline Cohn who, like Frank, was a Jewish girl born in Frankfurt, Germany in 1929. Frank owned an identical pendant—with 'Mazel Tov' written in Hebrew on one side, together with the girl’s date of birth, and then three Stars of David and the Hebrew initial for 'God' on the other.

Cohn died at Sobibor, whereas Frank died in 1945 at a camp in northern Germany, Bergen-Belsen. Having uncovered the second pendant, researchers are seeking out relatives of both Cohn and Frank to discern if there is any relation between the families. ..."

Above from http://jezebel.com/concentration-camp-excavation-may-reveal-connect...

----

Can Geni users help solve this puzzle?

Magnus (Gedaliah) Johansen (Ben Yohanan)
1/16/2017 at 4:52 PM

I meant I was related to Anne Frank troughout a man who had Goldschmidt to surname before hi took the surname Frank . He lived maybe in Austria , but connected to the Netherlands with the Hebrew Name Aaron Goldschmidt . They were connected to my Wolf Goldschmidt lived in Frankfurt am Main in Germany , his Hebrew Name was Benjamin Zeev. This Benjamin was father of Benedictus Baruch Goldsmit and further father to Jacob Bendix married Elsabe Catharina Peters from Bergenhausen in Germany . These people are on the German Web Site called Goldschmidt - Cassel - Hessen in Germany .

Magnus (Gedaliah) Johansen (Ben Yohanan)
1/16/2017 at 5:12 PM

Hi again I am related to Anne Frank as first cousin 9th removed´s etc. Please take a short look at her Web Site on Geni.com troughout _ Pesle Stern .

Private User
1/17/2017 at 4:29 PM

Randy Schoenberg, I just saw your Facebook post about this...have we figured out enough for Private User to potentially write a blog post or send out a release? Several genealogy sites are working on this right now, so it would be great if we could get this scoop.

Private User
1/17/2017 at 4:53 PM

Randy Schoenberg can you send me an email if you found something?

1/17/2017 at 4:53 PM
1/17/2017 at 4:55 PM

The only tie to Anne Frank is that they had the same type of pendant, so not much. Here's the path so far. https://geni.com/HPZD9

Cohn is a Polish spelling, so not likely related on the father's side, which is less fleshed out.

Private User
1/17/2017 at 5:37 PM

Darn. I was hoping we'd be able to find something. I hope one of the other sites doesn't beat us!

Thanks for working on this and getting people interested. I wish it were a skill area of mine.

Private User
1/17/2017 at 5:41 PM

Anne Frank is Karoline Cohn's great aunt's second cousin's wife's first cousin once removed's wife's great niece.

Private User
1/17/2017 at 5:44 PM

Karoline Cohn

Else Cohn
her mother

Gidel Eisenmann
her mother

Simon Samson Sonn
her brother

Henriette Sonn
his wife

Amalie Adler