Jacobus A Merkle (markle) - Jacobus A Merkle

Started by wayne markle on Monday, July 3, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
7/3/2017 at 8:46 AM

How was it possible for Jacobus A Merkle who died at sea on route to North America in 1770 to have had a son Abraham Markle Sr. who was born in Pennsylvania c. 1758? I also believe that Jacobus A Merkle and Eva Hurle had children born in Germany in the 1760s
before they emigrated from Europe to North America. For these reasons, I do not believe that Jacobus A Merkle and Eva were Abraham Markle Sr's parents.

7/3/2017 at 12:52 PM

@Abraham Markle, Sr is a lineage I have invested some time in trying to establish with firmer historical references then were previously reported. I have made public my findings made by family researchers far more skilled than I. This is a long-standing family tree - one that preceded me. And while there questions: my principal one concerns the fact there appear to have been two men with shared names who were contemporaries (so which is which) I have nothing concrete so as to nullify those genealogies. I have noted my queries on the above profile.

Joachim Hawn

7/5/2017 at 2:59 PM

You are correct to state that there were two Abraham Markles who lived in Ontario, Canada who were contemporaries. One was Abraham who was born in Ulster, New York, USA in 1770 and died in Fort Harrison, Otter Creek, Vigo, Indiana, USA in 1826 (See under www.worldfamilies.net /surnames/markle in section under Markle family group Merckel-Alman (Ulster County). The other was Abraham who was born in Pennsylvania around 1758 and died in Ontario, Canada in 1834. The latter was Andrew Markle's father and my 3X great grandfather.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion