Irene Figsby - Irene Figsby

Started by Mary Lou Christine Hudon-Stroud on Monday, August 7, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
8/7/2017 at 10:03 AM

I am her grand daughter. I have her DOB as July, 12, 1887. She passed away Jan. 3, 1960 in Ottawa, Ontario. She was married to James Clark Herd from Scotland and the had three daughters. Christina Herd (Borthwick), Margaret Herd (Yakabowski) and Patrica Jean Herd (Poulsen) (Hudon).

Does this sound familiar to anyone.

Mary Hudon-Stroud

Private User
8/7/2017 at 10:59 AM

Hi Mary,

Very fascinating as I was born in Ottawa and still live her, so I guess I have cousins here.

I have her DOB as July 12, 1884 from the 1901 census.

This should be the same person.

Josh

8/10/2017 at 8:11 AM

My mom Patricia Jean Herd died many years ago at 63 years so much of the questions I have now I never asked her then. I do remember her talking about the McArdle family. She connected with a cousin named Muriel who was married to a man named Bordon. I think he might have been with external affairs as they traveled a lot for his job. Spent a few years in Japan. When he retired they moved to Ottawa and reconnected with my mom and her sister Christina. Ring any bells?

8/10/2017 at 8:12 AM

How are you related to the Figsby family?

Private User
8/10/2017 at 2:47 PM

I am not familiar with Muriel and Bordon. My father never knew a lot of family members on the McArdle side.

My 2nd great grandmother is Elizabeth Frances Figsby, who was Irene's sister. She married William Harrison McArdle who my father thought was born in Ireland, but it appears that William and his parents were from Liverpool. My father told me that around this time, there was a family business where they travelled with a performing monkey.

8/12/2017 at 9:13 AM

Must be why I love monkeys!

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion