Alexander Miller - There is a two page entry in the Great Mahela (black binder) in the State archives building on the right side of Iolani Palace...

Started by Puanani/Nani Ontai Tilton Matsumoto on Thursday, August 10, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts

on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii.

Look for "Alika Mela," short version of his name....as used by the kanaka maoli during this great great great grand UNCLE/"dynastic hanai forever.... grandfather" of mine's....LIFETIME.

Today, we call him Alexander Alika Miller Mela, Junior/II.

The two pages found in the Great Mahele suggest exactly what I was taught in a round about and vague manner for years... to tell others during Territorial days: That Alika Junior was the younger child of Kanekapolei with Alexander Alika Mller Mela, Sr. and that junior's older sister was Kahinu Miller Mela, later wife of John Nauku.

Why was this important to my ohana? Kahinu was my great great great Kanaka Maoli grandmother for my paternal ohnana, the Tiltons.

If you are as lucky as my sister and I were when we visited this archives recently, three kanaka maoli men will generously use your quarters to get you at least three-to-four more documents on Alika, Jr.

By getting your copies in this manner... IN Person, all documents you receive will be appropriately stamped so others will believe you when you say you spent time in the archives. Thus, your documents will be ready for courtroom use should you ever need to use them in such a manner.

If I remember correctly, the other documents dealt with Alika Junior being konohiki
to his king, Kamehameha III, plus papers per property he still owned after he became a maka'ainana farmer on the island of Maui.

Aloha, Ohana Cousin Puanani/Nani Ontai Tilton Matsumoto

I do not mail/give out such documents. I have too much respect for other cousin researchers and the archives itself.

For your information, Alika Junior and Kamehameha III.....may have considered themselves kanaka maoli "brothers" per ancient Hawaiian relational beliefs and practices
anyone can learn about with, again,....cousin research and study.

Aloha, Puanani

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion