Jacob G Laing, gen-6J NY>NJ - N/V - NOT IN 1820 Census - Is Jacob Laing, born 1816,one of the son's of David and Rachael Laing

Started by Sandra Jane Larson on Friday, August 11, 2017
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
8/11/2017 at 1:46 PM

Hi,

My aunt did extensive research many years ago and found no evidence that there was a Jacob Laing born in 1816 who was one of the numerous sons of David (1783) and Rachael Twining Laing (1787). There are records for Thomas, Hugh, William, Isaac, Abram, James, and David. They were mostly born in the county of Erie, New York, but the census data for this county are not on line. It has been reported that someone who inspected the 1820 census data, didn't find him in the family. There is census data on a Jacob Laing born in 1816 but nothing to tie him to this branch of the Laing's. My Heritage has him listed in two instances as the son of David and his first wife Margaret Vail Laing, but she died in 1805 after the birth of their first son Augustus. David married Racheal Twining in 1807 and she is the mother of all the subsequent David Laing children. Does any one have any information on this Jacob G. Laing??

Hi sandy...

I agree... Came to the same conclusion ths week. The fact that jacob was not in the 1820 census clinched it for me.
This week found a child of jacobs in Fanwood nj and it references jacob as his father. So... Closing in a bit on who jocpbs parents are. Keep the doscussion going.
Peter

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion