catalog for exhibition in Kaliningrad printed

Started by Michael Hermann Leiserowitz on Sunday, November 5, 2017
Showing all 5 posts
11/5/2017 at 3:22 PM

For the exhibition "The Jews in Königsberg at the turn of the 20th Century" the catalog contains further information on the subject and is also well-suited as a reading book. (3 colors, 48 pages, DIN A4) ISBN 978-3-00-057974-5

On November 9th, 2017, an exhibition will be opened for the first time, which deals exclusively with the history of the Jews in Koenigsberg. From the perspective of the inhabitants at the time, it tells the story of Koenigsberg at the end of the 19th century, at the time of the construction of the New Synagogue, which had its place not far from the Koenigsberg Cathedral (Dome), and where now a synagogue for the Jewish citizens of Kaliningrad is in construction. The catalog includes various topics such as ways of life, family life, the influx of new Jewish citizens, economy, donation culture, health tourism, Zionism, student life, summer freshness in Cranz and many details about the synagogue. From 2017 Nov 9 till Dec 10 the exhibition takes place in today's History and Art Museum of the region Kaliningrad, in the building of the former "Stadthalle".

Private User
11/7/2017 at 8:54 AM

Hello Michael, My great great grandparents onward lived in Koenigsberg and I have my ancestor's PHD diplomas from the 1860s. I wrote to the committee about my family history and never heard back. It is too bad because I think I have some unique documents and photos. My great-grandmother greeted the Kaiser in Koenigsberg and presented him with flowers and wore a black white and red sash for the occasion. She kept this as a souvenir until she was deported to Theresienstadt in 1942.

11/8/2017 at 4:35 AM

Private User Thank you George for your message. We apologize, but we do not see the message you are mention. Can you provide us please the family name(s) of your great-Grandmother? And of course your documents might be very thrilling -- interesting. The opening of the exhibition is tomorrow - so you are welcome to add the story of your Great-Grandmother. Our Email is info@judeninostpreussen.de

Private User
11/10/2017 at 8:20 AM

I sent an email yesterday to info@judeninostpreussen.de

12/17/2022 at 1:30 PM

There is also an online version of this ctalogue with "director's cut"
https://jewsineastprussia.de/the-jews-of-konigsberg-at-the-turn-of-...

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion