Daniel Johannes Bresler, b3c1d6e4f3g? - No proof of kinship

Started by Charmaine Frew on Thursday, February 15, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
2/15/2018 at 2:00 AM

I do not believe that this Daniel Johannes BRESLER is the son of 'my' Daniel Johannes BRESLER.
On the Death Notice of Margaretha Jacoba BRESLER (née DE JAGER), who died in 1947, there are five children listed.
From their names one can deduce that the parents adhered fairly strictly to the Afrikaans naming conventions, except that the third son is Jan BastIaan, presumably after a brother of his mother, whereas he should have been called Daniel Johannes.
The Death Notices of both Daniel Johannes BRESLERs will hopefully clear up this mystery. They died in 1966 & 1992 respectively.

2/23/2018 at 12:30 AM

Sorry.... the younger Daniel Johannes BRESLER was born in 1939, and passed away in 1976 (not 1992, as stated above).

It is highly unlikely that Johanna, the second wife of 'my' Daniel Johannes BRESLER, is the mother of this Daniel Johannes BRESLER whose headstone photo' was added by David Kenneth Jamieson -- she would have been 45 years old already when he was born, and only married her second husband, Daniel Johannes BRESLER (b3c1d6e4f3), almost nine years later! He was still married to his first wife until her death in March 1947.

I am awaiting details from a man who has kindly offered to access the death notice of a Daniel Johannes BRESLER (born in Porterville in 1891, and died in NATAL in 1966). I added the details to 'my' Daniel Johannes BRESLER, because chances are fairly strong that it is his Death Notice.

Private User
2/25/2018 at 11:06 AM

I have requested a friend living in Pretoria to obtain the DN of Daniel Johannes Bresler - Birth 12-6-1939 to confirm his parents details.

4/8/2018 at 4:17 AM

Hi David

Has your friend looked up the DN (of Daniel Johannes BRESLER, born 12 June 1939) yet?

Hopefully by tomorrow this time, I'll have the details re. 'my' Daniel BRESLER (who was born in Porterville in circa 1891).

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion