Martha Martha Pienaar, b3 - Sources for parents?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, March 24, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts
3/24/2018 at 4:26 AM

Richard Ball's records are not by far a complete recollection of the entire South African population (and btw good luck with that :) ), but focused on the first 50 years. I suspect the records stop in the year 1700 by definition, and definitely in this case. It is good that you picked up that she is not a child of Foucher, but disconnecting her entirely from the Geni tree is questionable.

That said, she was not a daughter of Ester Foucher, but of Martha Le Riche. I will attach the sources under sources and link her to her correct set of parents if not locked out of this by default (then you can expect to hear from me again).

I do find it odd that this profile was only created 31 October 2016 - perhaps a duplicate?

Agree (on the discussion of the Foucher x Pienaar profile) that Foucher wife did not remarry Le Riche...

3/24/2018 at 4:37 AM

I disconnected her from her parents. Linked her here. More than that I can't do.

3/24/2018 at 4:38 AM

Yeah, could not move her... please merge with

Martha Pinar/Pinard

which is the corrected profile.

Could not do it myself because you locked it :)

3/24/2018 at 4:40 AM

The profile is not locked!

Private User
3/25/2018 at 6:18 AM

I did answer on this profile yesterday. Wonder what happened to it? Will have a look.

I do agree with Jan that we can not just delete relationships on Richards web as a source. He will be the first to say that new evidence comes everyday.

Nick Steyn have contributed a wonderful peace of sources, which he paid on the family and line. It is all in Afrikaans so no good putting it here.

Net my sent van idees.
J

Private User
3/25/2018 at 6:25 AM

Jip as I thought. Totally disappeared. I will add again here.

Esther Foucher, SM/PROG is your 8th great grandmother. ( JSHM) Judi

In Hugenote of South Africa 1688-1988 page 160

There are two Esther Fouce (Foucher) persons.
1. Entry No 107 - Esther Fouche (1683-?- Daughter of Philippe Fouche(Foucher) and Anne SOUCHAY, from Orleans, France. Arrives in SA on board Voorschooten with her parents in 1688. Resides ion Wildenpaardenjacht, Paarl . NEVER MARRIES. Might have died young. NO CHILDREN.

2. Esther Fouche (FOUCHER) Might be a sister of Philippe Fouche (PROG) . Comes from Orleand, Arrives on board Voorschooten in 1688 Resided at Lustig-Aan, Paar. Married on 10 Des 1687 to Jacques Pinaar (PINARD) . 2 Sons.

Private User
3/25/2018 at 6:26 AM

In other words, sister of Pierre then it should be that we must look fir sources as her parents that will be the same as Pierre.

J

3/27/2018 at 10:57 AM

This Discussion was on Martha Pinar/Pinard as the child of Jacques Pinard SV/PROG and Esther Foucher, SM/PROG

3/27/2018 at 11:08 AM

She was not disconnected from anything but her erroneous parents, as Esther "Hester" Foucher, SM/PROG does not have a Martha as a daughter.

The profile for Martha had no sources from which to create another tree.

Both Esther and Martha are still very much there. Neither is locked. They are simply no longer linked as mother and daughter.
Because they weren't.

This Discussion was started so that I could alert anybody with an interest in either profile to come and help. Please go right ahead and fix anything you see as needing to be fixed. We are all doing this together!

3/27/2018 at 11:12 AM

Judi - your answer on Esther is here: Esther "Hester" Foucher, SM/PROG. Nothing happened to it.

3/27/2018 at 11:31 AM

Re "Nick Steyn have contributed a wonderful peace of sources, which he paid on the family and line. It is all in Afrikaans so no good putting it here."
I understand Afrikaans, as do most South Africans - If it pertains to Martha, please put it here.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion