William Presley Self - William Presley Self

Started by Elizabeth Suzanne Grimes on Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts

Do any of you have a source to prove any of what you have posted? Where did you get the first name of William? Did you use that book by a guy named Green for your info? If so it is not correct. There are many people who desperately want correct information regarding Presley Self. Where did you come up with birth and death date? He was still living in 1812. Please post your actual documented proof so we can all proceed.

Elizabeth Suzanne Grimes I've cleaned up the profile as best I know, please continue your research.

Erica, volunteer curator

Presley Self b 4 Apr 1763 in Warren County, North Carolina (it was formerly Bute County) d 5 Nov 1855 Jacksonville, Calhoun County, Alabama. He m Amelia Gunter between 1782 & 1785 in the old Nation.. They had 10 children. Researchers of the Self family have been searching for verification of the father of Presley for years! Thus far nothing found. There is no William Presley Self!

As for Find A Grave saying William Presley Self is his father and Catherine his mother that is not so. I have corresponded with Mary Lou Hanson about various other Self memorials. She does not do research so do not know where she got that. And just a friendly warning. I love Find A Grave but except for b & d dates and cemetery most things on do not have sources for the information, so should only be taken as clues.

Please note the tombstone for Presley is relatively new!

Will post sources soon.

Well this is a good start but still not cleaned up.
circa 1732 - Who?
Northumberland County, Virginia
Death: before September 4, 1812 - Where did you come up with this? The document I think you are referring to has nothing to do with anybody dying in 1812-13 Bledsoe County, Tennessee, United States. Presley Self b 4 Apr 1763 (m Amelia Gunter) challenged a financial judgement or lien assessed against him by the state of TN. No clue whatsoever is given in the document about his family connections.
Son of Job Self and Nancy Self - There is no known or proven child named William although it is thought there was a William b c 1748 to them.
Husband of unknown Self
Father of Isaac Self; John Spencer Self; Francis Self; Presley Self; Daniel Self and 1 other - The father of these is unknown!
Brother of Susannah Self; Ruth Self; Vincent Self; Parrish Self; Isaac Self and 4 others - These are children of Job Self b 1715 and Nancy Hudson.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion