George Isaac Guest - Hoping to further validate this information

Started by Adam Christopher Guest on Sunday, May 13, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
5/13/2018 at 1:36 AM

There is a book called the genealogy of the Morris Family circa 1898 that has Alice Guest's will on pages 177-178. In it she lists her sons as being George Guest and John Guest, her daughters as Phoebe Morris and Elizabeth Holton. Her inferred daughter Mary Say can be assumed because she lists William Say as her son-in-law and mentions her daughter had passed away, no name though. She also lists WIlliam Say Jr. as her grandchild. She then lists Marshall and Phoebe Guest, Mary Holton and Mary Guest as her grandchildren as well. So to the date of August 30, 1705 that was her family I do believe. There was never any mention of a William Guest as a son nor a Thomas Guest or a Holton Guest that I could find from her there, had they already died, or does that need to be corrected? Hope that info helps anyone searching for the facts on these two. Cool side note to George Isaac and Alice Guest, I believe I am the first to find a secret proof for them about the Blue Anchor Tavern. There is a painting that is very old and actually has the name "I. Guest" written on the sign of the Blue Anchor Taven underneath the anchor. The painter clearly knew that was George Guest's place. I have a pdf of it if anyone wants a copy I will be glad to assist. Also, anyone who thinks this is their linage I would love to compare our DNA and see if we match. I also have a copy of the entire microfilm on pdf from the Moses Guest Bible which may in fact be the very same bible that was passed from Alice to her son George Jr. in her will. Also, a noteworthy topic is that George and Alice were totally devoted Quakers and Alice attended several Friend Meetings, and very well documented. Would lov to pick brains on these two to help define the true path of our immigrant forefathers.

2/22/2021 at 2:10 PM

Hello Adam. I am also researching the Guest line. I come from the Colbert "Cobb" Guest line. I would love to see a copy of both the painting and bible.i have read about the bible and seen only 1 page of it which lists Moses' children.
I wish i could help with confirmed information for William, Thomas or Holton. I did see the possibility of William and Thomas being the children of John. I read that after Alice passed, John petitioned to move to NY. I found this information via WikiTree. This may be of help
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Guest-305#

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion