Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Private User
    Geni member
Showing all 14 posts
Private User
9/18/2018 at 10:49 AM

Hi thought it may be interesting to have a discussion on the 🌎 we lived in as children what do every one think.
Dave.
@Sally @Margaret @John @Annette @ Marilyn

Private User
10/14/2018 at 8:21 AM

well I'm waiting for some sort of answer have you nothing to say or wold you like to discus something else.
Sally Dagmar Williams Private User John Sjolin Anette Evens

Private User
10/18/2018 at 9:13 AM

Well looks like none of my family had an interesting childhood wonder if anyone else would be interested in talking about the good old days.
Susan Jenkins Private User Private User Marilyn Sjolin

Dave

10/23/2018 at 8:11 AM

We had a wonderful child hood. With loving caring Parents.
With our cousins at christmas time and Nan and Grampy White on the drums And uncle John White on Guita,r or piano or my mother Vera playing piano Party times. And Sunday afternoons in Nan &Grampy Whites house.

Angela and myself had music lessons as children.

We had day trips to Devon,on the boats.And
caravan holidays.

Betty and myself went to the same School Lady Mary's Catholic School.
Angela Morris &, Gayle & Lynnette ,Ann-Marie
White all went to Heathfield House.

10/23/2018 at 8:41 AM

Gayle White and my daughter Rachel Smillie went to the same school, they both went on to st Illtyds from Heathfeild house. Where Rachel my Daughter sang in the closing down chior of Heathfeild house.
Rachel also sang in St Cadoc's choir.

10/23/2018 at 8:59 AM

I must not forget our Late cousin Gillian Luker, Betty's sister who also went to Heathfeild House.

Private User
10/24/2018 at 5:30 AM

Hi all
I was out walking the other day and saw and saw an inner tube thrown away and it made me think when I was a kid we could not wait to vet our hands on them you could cut them in strips and make slings this was before recycling became popular.
And I remember when we invented the forerunner to the skateboard a Beano book on a skate you sat on it and went down the hill great fun.
Dave

10/24/2018 at 2:53 PM

My friend Susan Adans lived across the road from us.
We had great fun making our own telephone out of Cans and string, and calling across the road to one another using our own Recycled telephone .

Private User
10/25/2018 at 6:10 AM

Hi Sue
I remember them I think cocoa tins were the best talking of communications I remember the first TV I ever saw it was a 9 inch black and white it belonged to the neighbour across the road and she put it in her window so we could watch the queens coronation most of the street were stood in her garden and on the pavement.

Dave

Private User
11/10/2018 at 1:08 AM

Hi just remembered our first telly you had to put sixpence in to watch you were watching something and the sixpence ran out had to wait till you found one then continued watching then the electric went and had to find a shilling for the meter.
That was the good old days

Private User
8/16/2019 at 8:12 AM

I do remember the good old days like yesterday it's yesterday I can't remember / heol panty deri what a great place to live an orchard at the top of the street where you could go groping for apples coming home with your jumper full Mam giving you a clip around the ear for stealing then saying put them in the pantry.
The good old days for those who may not have heard it a link to Frank Hennessy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFMOai-4mCg

Sally Dagmar Williams Private User John Sjolin Anette Evens

Hope to hear from someone soon getting tired of talking to myself mind you I do get an intelligent answer.

Dave

9/30/2019 at 4:47 AM

Hi Dave im in Margaret and i were talking for 2hrs last week about those good old days we laughed untill we cried loved our childhood fabulous parents we had it
Think this will be a good way to keep in touch Xxxx

Private User
9/30/2019 at 5:39 AM

Hi Sal
And welcome to the discussion nice that you have joined in yes we had a wonderful child hood I can remember them like yesterday its yesterday I cant remember.
So keep up the good work look forward to your input and dont forget to check your emails.

Dave

Private User
11/17/2019 at 2:21 AM

Hi all memories of Xmas past what I remember most about Xmas as a young lad was my Xmas stocking it appeared miraclously at the foot of my bed a cracker sticking out of the top but the best part was at the bottom an Apple an orange and a hand full of nuts a whole Apple and orange to myself magic

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion