triple tree "Hauteville 1000 italy zone"

Started by Livio Scremin on Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Showing all 10 posts
9/25/2018 at 6:15 AM

- I had cleaned up (1).

- When I discovered a double branch (2), I was preparing it for the MERGE by cleaning it up a bit.. but I realized that it contains parents of "Fredesenza" of Normandy. Prohibited and blocked by a curator in branch (1). {I had also found the texts that assumed that kinship}

- While I was wondering: "-but who makes me do it ?!" I discovered the nice branch (3) fresh freshly made.

* notes for curators omninent of knowledge.
Burn, tear, block non-primary sources, leads to create just so much confusion because:
it's just a matter of time, and other people will come to those texts, from other places and times.
Better to leave notes of hypotheses and spread question marks in the names. How serious historians do.
(1) Alberada of Hauteville
(2) Alberada of Hauteville
(3) Alberada of Hauteville

all three branches contain precious underlying branches, If any curator is interested in cleaning up by merge in multilanguage and not to burn everything, I make myself available.

9/25/2018 at 10:27 AM

ciao xx xxx
Would you like to check the coincidences in English names at the intersections of the generations below?

9/25/2018 at 3:49 PM

Livio Scremin
Your post seems to imply that the current style of the medieval curators is losing important information. I will respond to this.

Cutting away duplicate branches is a matter of time management, likelihood and probability. The alternatives are either leaving the duplicates in place or merging them.

Leaving duplicate branches on the tree is not an acceptable solution, the ultimate goal of this project is to stop users from making duplicates though it is an objective we will likely never reach.

Merging large duplicate trees into the world tree is a tedious and time consuming effort which can easily leave errors and mess without actually creating any benefit (this lack of a beneficial outcome is important to note).

As to likelihood and probability, experience has shown that users creating duplicate branches back in the medieval period because they are unaware of Geni's principle of one profile per person or because they are unaware of Geni's shared tree are unlikely to be in possession of ground breaking new research on medieval genealogy. Invariably most of the rubbish that the medieval curators spend their (unpaid voluntary) time cleaning up is copied from other internet websites. In fact it is not unusual to find duplicate branches that have been copied from Geni's MP tree for some reason known only to those users.

In short duplicate trees almost never bring anything useful to the table and users with actual knowledge of the era are smart enough to build, correct and discuss from the MP profiles.

9/25/2018 at 4:27 PM

Alex Moes, I bet you did not even open the profiles listed to give a snap to the overview ..
otherwise you knew that there are 2 MP double :)

I understand the concept that you tried to express in half a page .. but the area mentioned is a total chaos, a crossroads of data of European states .. that cross in Italy, and no Italian who unites them. (decently)

If there is any curator willing to assist me.. I'm dedicating myself to it

9/25/2018 at 6:02 PM

Ah, i am sorry. You are correct that i did not look at the profiles, i have no computer at the moment and can only access Geni with my phone.

Two MPs for the same person happens though not often. The Tree Matching algorithm (blue matches) should prevent it but unfortunately the software is not very powerful/clever.

Merging is very difficult with a phone but perhaps i can help in other ways.

9/25/2018 at 6:17 PM

Jason Scott Wills

Erin Ishimoticha

Jason's MP seems to have the more comprehensive family group, do either of you have a preference which MP is unprotected and merged into the other?

9/25/2018 at 6:44 PM

break for now, "I untangled the whole skein" the work is at a good point I would say 75% (1+2, & only checked 3)
I ask to no-experts please do not touch, there are automatic disconnection traps set by curators.

*Probably precisely those blocks and traps have created the third Croatian duplicate(3).
I understand very well the frustration of seeing the names of their ancestors in other languages, and not being able to correct in multilingual.
However, the third Croatian branch(3) has nothing new: maybe some name and better JPG, unless he makes himself available for the translations, and the curators remove the blocks... it's a nice useless branch (3:)

**Work in progress, Merge the required data .. or better yet remove blocks..
***Inquisitors burners of books, stay away! :D

9/26/2018 at 4:10 PM

Work almost finished :D
Now it's enough that some curator merge the blocks around, before users get confused.
(all already checked in multi-language by me:)

10/6/2018 at 7:45 AM

in order to finish the job (now in a delicate phase) I have to have all the offspring and clones on the same floor.. Must merge requests to these 3 profiles:
- https://www.geni.com/people/Tancred-Guiscard-seigneur-de-Hauteville...
- Muriella de Normandie
- https://www.geni.com/people/Fresenda-d-Altavilla-Fredesenda/6000000...

& cut this wrong marriage with Tancredi:
- Countess Hersinde "le Pieuse" de Ramerupt, Heiress de Montdidier, d’Arcis-sur-Aube et de Ramerupt

*my dispassionate advice to the curators is to remove the blocks to finish the job. And then instead of removing the parents without primary sources to put good warnings of HYPOTHESES or in a few years we are here again: other people from other places will come to the texts that speak of the connections in Normandy..

(but if you prefer to burn all the books that talk about the Big Bang because they do not have primary sources do as you wish :)

11/10/2018 at 7:00 AM

solved
At the end 5 disordered incomplete branches of clones and zombies have been unified creating the official family. Very small changes may be available, but the lines are drawn and recognizable/viable. Take care of it.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion