Mary Mixon (Bird) - Thinking needs overseeing by a Curator please? Mary Mixon is my 6th great grandmother.

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Friday, October 19, 2018
Showing all 6 posts
10/19/2018 at 12:02 AM

Looks like many merges including: Mother of Mary Emerson and Mary Dyal/Dial ??? Thank you in advance

10/19/2018 at 2:23 PM

I do not see any blue Geni tree matches to merge. The green matches are to MyHeritage trees, which are individual/ separate platforms.

See https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229707287-What-are-the-thre...

10/19/2018 at 2:54 PM

Thank you Erica...so I am trying to figure out IF this is corrct? I have a DNA match who has Keziah and I finally found her while poking around in my mom's side of the Geni tree view... I was NOT "looking" for Keziah Dial/Dyal Ashworth but saw her and my DNA match on AncestryDNA has been asking me about her for maybe a year and so IMAGINE my excitement when I SEE her?! I managed to merge a few profiles but I am still seeing there are some issues--here, MyHeritage and Ancestry public trees showing her with different parents (the grandparents, actually, according to my DNA match and she is a very meticulous researcher so I trust her. However, I see that my Mary Emerson is showing as a HALF sister and I just want this profile looked at as best as possible. Thank you for the reply...I will be working toward understanding what a blue vs green tree is lol
(Two Mary's: Mixon, Dial, Emerson, Bird)

10/19/2018 at 3:55 PM

You lost me. I need Links to Geni profiles.

10/19/2018 at 4:00 PM

Ok I think I translated.

Mary Elizabeth Dial / Dyal Shows as a half sister to Mary Emerson

Both children of Mary Bird (NOT MARRIED TO SAMUEL MIXON)

Aside from the oddity of 2 daughters both named Mary, I have no comment to make as there are no sources within the profiles.

So my suggestion is

1) add source information
2) use contact manager to ask managers to add source information

10/19/2018 at 4:07 PM

yes...in progress lol Thank you again :)

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion