Sarah Standish (Alden) - Claim that she married her first cousin

Started by Mary Sanford Drexler on Saturday, October 27, 2018
Showing all 5 posts
10/27/2018 at 10:09 AM

About me section says "Her marriage to Myles Standish's son and her first cousin , Alexander...…………."

How can we call them first cousins when we can not confirm their grandparents. On her side we know about The Mullins, but that is it.

10/27/2018 at 11:31 AM

Good catch ! Can you add that comment to the profile “about?”

10/31/2018 at 12:45 PM

done

10/31/2018 at 9:32 PM

Thanks, Mary.

11/1/2018 at 5:42 AM

Perhaps one of you can help me (a genealogy newbie) verify a section of fan chart prepared by my grandparents many years ago. Alexander Standish m. Sarah Alden, having children including Sarah Standish and Lora Standish. My chart has them BOTH married to Abraham Sampson, son of Abraham Sampson and Ruth Nash. Children of Abraham and Lorah include Nathaniel Sampson, b. 1682, who married Keturah Chandler while a child of Abraham and Sarah was Miles Samson, b. 1690, who married Sarah Studley. At some point Sampson was spelled Samson in one family. Nathaniel and Keturah had a son, Robert Sampson, b. Duxbury 1712, d. Duxbury in 1775. He married Alice Samson, daughter of Miles and Sarah (Studley) Samson. Were Robert and Alice 1st cousins? They had a son Robert W. Sampson, b. 1753 in Duxbury, d. 1831 in Fitchburg, who was a Soldier in the Revolution and was my 4gr-grandfather.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion