Ancestor profile

Started by Craig Raymond Robert Foss on Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
10/30/2018 at 2:27 PM

Hello,, A very basic question. I have joined the group now how do I add the profile of my ancestor to the group? It is probably right in front of me but I can't see it! Thanks. Craig Foss

10/30/2018 at 3:01 PM

Hi Craig,

The DNA projects are a bit different... you can't add profiles to them because the system automatically does it. It's a little difficult to filter this list to find one name, but if you have a paternal-line ancestor within 10 generations then he's somewhere on this list: https://www.geni.com/projects/R-M269-Y-DNA/people/32777

cheers,

Mike at Geni

10/30/2018 at 10:11 PM

So is there anyway to look for names? I was told I had a non-parental event 14 to 20 Generations back from the Irwin Line That confused me even more

10/31/2018 at 2:35 PM

Craig Foss - Craig Raymond Robert Foss - You can go to the page for that group - look down the right-hand side for the word "Profiles" - click to make the Whole list come up - - - once there, there is a bar across the page above the names - Click on "Name" to make the list come up ALPHABETIC ORDER (instead of the default Chronoligical Order) - - - Now, to find the surname!! - - - I just went through the same Haplogroup - - - & there a little over 6,000 names! - I found that over 90 names were still in the "A"s - so, I went to the very end & backed up to the "P"s - - - groups of names come 4 pages at a time. - - - You'd have to approximate just where in that order to search for the Surname (which you haven't mentioned). Give it a try...

10/31/2018 at 3:03 PM

Thanks very much Nancy, I was looking for various "Foss" profiles. Am up to page 33 and still in the "A's", another generation may pass before I get to the "F's"!! . There must be an easier way. Cheers.

11/7/2018 at 12:50 PM

Geni's not going to be of much help looking for a NPE more than 10 generations back. :-/

11/7/2018 at 5:32 PM

Thanks Mike it was worth a shot as my Irwin line dead ends in 1800 Ierland

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion