We're Blue-Explanation of what colors mean in paths to relative connections?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 8 posts
Private User
11/13/2018 at 5:47 PM

Noticed that some people write "We're blue" and wondering if there is an explanation of what the different colors mean in the connections from one person to another in the World Tree.

Thanks,

Dan

11/13/2018 at 7:11 PM

My understanding is that the blue line means individuals are a direct blood relation. Other colors mean the connection is through marriage, hence no blood relation.

Private User
11/14/2018 at 1:49 AM

The colors are cyclic, starting with blue, which means that it can go back to blue again after crossing some marriage connections. This does not mean that you go back to being blood related when you hit a blue line again. Only a complete blue line shows that.

Private User
11/14/2018 at 4:11 AM

Thanks much, I have also heard if the line is solid blue you are directly related to that person, or there is a direct connection to that person. Is that true as well?

Thanks much,

Dan

Private User
2/21/2021 at 4:18 AM

I have 2 liner between myself and my wife one is black, the other is blue. Can someone please explain why this is as it is very confusing.

Private User
2/21/2021 at 5:35 AM

Private User - other people above were talking about the lines in the Path seen in Profile View

Are you talking about the lines in Tree View? If so, the reason is because you have two profiles for your wife. If they are the same person, merge them.

Private User
2/21/2021 at 10:26 AM

Thanks for your response,
Yes they are the same person . I have tried to merge them but I can't. It just won't merge.

Private User
2/21/2021 at 5:35 PM

Private User - Did you try Drag and Drop or Merge this Profile?
(https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229705547-How-do-I-merge-du... )

And what happened?

Suggest - edit one ot them - from edit, choose Relationships Tab. Then Remove the marriage between the two of them, leaving just the marriage to you for each of them.
Then try again to merge them.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion