Pedro Singson Gotiaoco - Pedro Singson Gotiaoco

Started by Leo Narvios Palileo on Monday, November 26, 2018
Showing all 22 posts
11/26/2018 at 1:46 AM

Does anyone know or heard of the other son of Pedro Singson Gotiaoco half-brother to Sergio Osmena Sr.?

11/27/2018 at 7:18 AM

apart from those already added as sons of Pedro Singson Gotiaoco? please reveal your inside info. thanks :)

10/20/2021 at 5:59 AM

How related is Narciso Victoria Osmeña to Pres. Osmeña?

10/20/2021 at 11:46 PM

So sorry the previous post needed to be edited. It will answer your question.

10/21/2021 at 5:31 AM

So Narciso is a son of Pedro with another woman but he is using Osmeña as surname?

10/21/2021 at 5:32 AM

Or his mother is also an Osmeña but how related to the mother of Sergio?

10/23/2021 at 10:31 AM

Most historical sources stated that the mother of Sergio Osmeña was named Juana Suico Osmeña daughter of Severino Osmeña (formerly Agaton) and Paula Suico . .

Here you said Juana is sister to your great-great-grandfather Pascual who is son of Narciso and Victoria so not Severino and Paula . .

Can you provide third-party online source even though it is not documentary but only oral tradition?

10/23/2021 at 10:37 AM
10/23/2021 at 11:02 AM

Another profile you mentioned Filomeno Narvios

10/23/2021 at 11:03 AM

There’s no Pascual as son of Filomeno Narvios Better coordinate with the profile manager if you have proof.

10/23/2021 at 11:08 AM

Again, proof doesn’t have to be documentary in the case of illegitimate children like Sergio Osmeña: oral tradition is acceptable :)

10/24/2021 at 1:41 PM

Incidentally, we are on the same page in understanding with regard to Juana Suico, who is also the sister—or should I say half-sister—of my great-great-grandfather Pascual Suico NARVIOS, who started using the made-up last name, NARVIOS.

"Most historical sources stated that the mother of Sergio Osmeña was named Juana Suico." Here’s what’s NOT mentioned in that so-called “historical source.” Severino Osmeña, the father of Juana Suico, had an illegitimate son with Victoria Suico. The illegitimate son’s name is Pascual Suico NARVIOS. Victoria, thereafter, got married to Narciso and adopted Pascual. Pascual, then being an illegitimate son, created his own last name by combining his adopted father’s and mother’s name along with his real father’s last name. NARcisoVIctoriaOSmeña, and that’s how the last name NARVIOS began and the rest is history. And FYI, Pascual Suico NARVIOS was also the Governador Cello of Balamban, Cebu in the 1800s.

Extra tidbit: After traveling, when heading home to Astorias, Cebu, Sergio Osmena would drop by and visit Pascual Suico NARVIOS in Balamban, Cebu because it is on his way home leading to his home in Astorias, Cebu.

You said, "There’s no Pascual as the son of Filomeno Narvios Better coordinate with the profile manager if you have proof."

FYI, Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS, who is/was once the Mayor Alcalde in Balamban, Cebu, is the father of my grandfather, Pascual Suico NARVIOS, and his siblings as follows: Fortunata Suico NARVIOS-Sybico and Cecila Suico NARVIOS-Climaco. Again, PASCUAL SUICO NARVIOS is my grandfather.

In closing, I believe and respect what was written in my/our FAMILY GENEALOGY that I updated and have been updating since 2005.
Whatever is NOT implicated in “Historical Sources” doesn’t really matter to us because WE ARE WHO WE ARE, CREATION OF OUR DEAR LORD JESUS CHRIST. Peace to you and everyone and God Bless.

10/25/2021 at 4:51 AM

I’m glad you have that info :)

Please reply here with an online link from another person, sir, so we can update Geni.com.

Thanks.

10/25/2021 at 4:53 AM

And can you provide us the URL where you have updated your genealogy since 2005?

Knowing your other relatives on your tree will help update Geni.com

10/25/2021 at 5:03 AM

You have two statements that confused me:

“Severino Osmeña, the father of Juana Suico, had an illegitimate son with Victoria Suico. The illegitimate son’s name is Pascual Suico NARVIOS“

“Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS, who is/was once the Mayor Alcalde in Balamban, Cebu, is the father of my grandfather, Pascual Suico NARVIOS”

Can you reveal, sir: there are two Pascual Suico Narvios? one is your great-great-grandfather whose father is Severino and another is your grandfather whose father is Filomeno? if so, can you provide us their mothers both surnamed Suico?

Thanks

10/25/2021 at 5:22 AM

By the way, sir, I like to add and add profiles especially bastardized lines to Geni’s World Family Tree because I myself am a great-great-grandson of a Spanish friar so we don’t have documentary evidence but oral tradition (and we’re allowed to maintain his resting place even though it is inside his last church assignment) . .

And that is why I’m asking clarifications so I can at least help your Osmeña connection be known by others :)

10/25/2021 at 5:32 AM

The existing profile Filomeno Narvios is maintained by a certain Allan Narvios Playda: do you know him?

He didn’t add Pascual as son (maybe he doesn’t know) so I suggest you message him so he can add your line.

10/25/2021 at 5:33 AM

Another suggestion is to create duplicate profiles . . so Geni curators can decide which is which.

10/25/2021 at 5:47 AM

I reviewed your earlier post where you stated: “ And is the father of my grandfather, father of my mother's father Pascual Paulin Narvios.”

So your great-great-grandfather was Pascual Suico Narvios (formerly Osmeña) and your grandfather is Pascual Paulin Narvios . .

Suggestions:
1. for your Osmeña connection, sir, we need a third-party online source (your Family Tree may reveal names that we can check)
2, for your Paulin connection, you need to message Allan Playda . .

Alternative is to create duplicate profiles.

10/26/2021 at 9:38 PM

Rod, the following are my answers to your questions.

Roderick Alain Alvarez
And can you provide us the URL where you have updated your genealogy since 2005?
Knowing your other relatives on your tree will help update Geni.com

ANSWER: There is no URL to share. The Genealogy I mentioned that I am updating was and still is a handwritten Genealogy that I reformatted to MS Word and MS Power Point for our family’s planned 3rd NARVIOS Family Reunion in 2022.

Roderick Alain Alvarez
You have two statements that confused me:
“Severino Osmeña, the father of Juana Suico, had an illegitimate son with Victoria Suico. The illegitimate son’s name is Pascual Suico NARVIOS“

ANSWER: Pascual Suico NARVIOS, the illegitimate son of Severino Osmeña, is the father of my great-grandfather named Filomeno “Minoy” NARVIOS. Minoy is the father of my grandfather, Pascual Suico NARVIOS, who is the father of my mother, Victoria Beck NARVIOS.

“Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS, who is/was once the Mayor Alcalde in Balamban, Cebu, is the father of my grandfather named Pascual Suico NARVIOS”

Can you reveal, sir: there are two Pascual Suico Narvios? one is your great-great-grandfather whose father is Severino and another is your grandfather whose father is Filomeno? if so, can you provide us their mothers both surnamed Suico?
Thanks

ANSWER: The first Pascual Suico NARVIOS is the illegitimate son of Severino Osmeña (who is the father of Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS) and Victoria Suico. The second Pascual Suico NARVIOS is the son of Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS and Victoria Suico Narvios (different Victoria), who named their son Pascual Suico NARVIOS after Minoy’s father.

Roderick Alain Alvarez
By the way, sir, I like to add and add profiles especially bastardized lines to Geni’s World Family Tree because I myself am a great-great-grandson of a Spanish friar so we don’t have documentary evidence but oral tradition (and we’re allowed to maintain his resting place even though it is inside his last church assignment) . .
And that is why I’m asking clarifications so I can at least help your Osmeña connection be known by others :)

ANSWER: With all due respect, on behalf of my ancestors before me, we are okay knowing who we are and how we are related to Sergio Suico Osmeña Sr., or to whoever. For many decades, even since the 1800s.

Roderick Alain Alvarez
The existing profile Filomeno Narvios is maintained by a certain Allan Narvios Playda: do you know him?He didn’t add Pascual as son (maybe he doesn’t know) so I suggest you message him so he can add your line.

ANSWER: Allan NARVIOS Playda is the son of my grandmother, Soledad NARVIOS, who was married to Genovevo Playda. Soledad NARVIOS is half-sister to my grandfather. Soledad NARVIOS is the daughter of the second wife of my Great-grandfather Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS. The second wife’s name is Dolores Paulin

Roderick Alain AlvarezRoderick Alain Alvarez
I reviewed your earlier post where you stated: “And is the father of my grandfather, father of my mother's father Pascual Paulin Narvios.”
So your great-great-grandfather was Pascual Suico Narvios (formerly Osmeña) and your grandfather is Pascual Paulin Narvios.

ANSWER: Yes, Pascual Suico NARVIOS is the illegitimate son of Severino Osmeña. Pascual Suico NARVIOS (formerly Osmeña) changed his last name after his mother Victoria Suico got married to Narciso. Thereafter, Pascual Suico then changed his last name to NARVIOS. He combined his adoptive father’s first name NARciso, mothers name VIctoria, and his biological father’s last name OSmeña, and the result is NARVIOS.

10/27/2021 at 6:11 AM

So Allan is a grandson of Filomeno by another wife Dolores Paulin . .

You mentioned Victoria Beck Narvios as your mother so here’s a profile of Pascual Narvios whose manager may like to know your information.

10/31/2021 at 10:20 AM

Yes, Allan is my uncle, from the second wife of my Great grandfather. I thought I already said that in my reply to your question, "Allan NARVIOS Playda is the son of my grandmother, Soledad NARVIOS, who was married to Genovevo Playda. Soledad NARVIOS is a half-sister to my grandfather. Soledad NARVIOS is the daughter of the second wife of my Great-grandfather Filomeno ‘Minoy’ NARVIOS. The second wife’s name is Dolores Paulin."

I sent the manager who manages the profile of Pascual Narvios you mentioned, 4 days ago. I haven't heard from her yet. That of course if she would even reply to me.

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion