Hugh Mckee (M'kie), Anahilt Branch - Research - Input needed

Started by Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns on Sunday, April 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
4/14/2019 at 11:16 AM

Main question being asked is there documentation for Christina being Hugh's wife

also or long time 2 sons have been listed as "James" and each both
having sons names Hugh - James - and John

1. James Etheridge McKee b. 1695, Lisban Ireland, Lisburn, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom; d. 1766
└ +Unknown
Birth: 1695 Lisban Ireland, Lisburn, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Death: 1766 (71)
Son of Hugh Mckee, Anahilt Branch and Christina McKee
2. Hugh 'Linen Hughie' Mckee, of Poagsburn b. 1734, Poagsburn Caricknaveagh Kilaney Down, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom; d. 1813, Poagsburn Caricknaveagh Kilaney Down, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
2. James Mckee, of Tullywest, Sr.b. 1725; d. 1797, Lisbane, Killaney, Down, N Ireland
2. John Mckee of Price's Arms
2. Margaret Edgar

1 James Etheridge McKee
Birth: circa 1695 of Tullywest, Saintfield, Down, N Ireland
Death: circa 1800 (97-113)
Son of Hugh Mckee (M'kie), Anahilt Branch and Christina McKee (Mackey of Melness)
└ +Margaret Mckee of Tullywest (Orr) b. circa 1695, Ballyblack, Newtonards, Down, N Ireland
2. Davie 'Big Davie' Mckee of the Temple b. circa 1723, of Tullywest, Saintfield, Down, Ireland ; d. of Carricknaveagh, Lisbane, Down, Northern Ireland
2. John Mckee of Price's Arms b. circa 1757
2. Hugh Mckee of Crevy tenant b. circa 1731, of Carricknaveagh, Killaney, Down, N Ireland ; d. 1802, Saintfield, Down, N Ireland
2. JJames Mckee, of Tullywest, Sr. b. 1725, of Tullywest, Saintfield, Down, N Ireland ; d. of Carricknaveagh, Killaney, Down, N Ireland
2.Alexander Mckee of Tullywest b. circa 1729, of Carricknaveagh, Killaney, Down, N Ireland ; d. 1788, of Lisbane, Killaney, Down, No Ireland
2. Jane Oliphant b. of Tullywest, Saintfield, Down, N Ireland
2. Thomas Mckee of Tullywest of Tullywest b. of Killaney, Down, N Ireland ; d. 1784, of Carrickmaddyroe, Killaney, Down, No Ireland

4/14/2019 at 8:20 PM

I do not, this was researched by others. I am aware of some sources that have been recorded. I would be interested in contacting her and seeing if she has any other sources. I have found that my Irish and Scottish research has been very difficult, many brick walls along the way, due to lack of records. I dream of one day connecting the dots and getting back to some records and finding my family. I am going to look into this and see where if any a connection can be made. I would love to speak with you, I can be reached at 801-673-2320, I live in Utah, Mountain standard time zone.

Lynette

7/27/2021 at 8:24 AM

if you're still looking, there is a book called DAVID McKEE AND DESCENDANTS by Professor James Y. McKee published in Philadelphia 1892 I think - it follows ancestry of the McKees and includes references to Anahilt N.Ireland - a few McKees or their descendants will have a copy of this book

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion