Sarah Rainger (Fuller) - Parents

Started by Matthew Chea on Sunday, May 5, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 23 posts
5/5/2019 at 4:19 AM

Are you sure that Sarah Rainger was the daughter of Robert Fuller of Salem & Rehoboth? Is it not odd that she isn't listed in his will?

5/5/2019 at 5:32 AM

Robert Fuller, of Salem & Rehoboth Did not have a daughter Sarah. Disconnected.

She’s probably listed in Dedham VR.

5/5/2019 at 1:56 PM

Moved to the correct parents, Robert Fuller, of Salem & Rehoboth & his wife Ann.

5/5/2019 at 5:56 PM

Erica thanks for correction; by chances do you know if this Robert Fuller has any connection the Mayflower Fuller's?

5/5/2019 at 6:05 PM

He does not. He’s an immigrant from England.

5/5/2019 at 6:12 PM

All the matching trees are bad (mix him up with the Rehoboth Robert Fuller). Pope’s Pioneers of Massachusetts is probably the most reliable summary. You can work with vital Records of Dedham here:

https://archive.org/details/earlyrecordsofto01dedh/page/n8

5/5/2019 at 6:21 PM

Here’s a listing of the first arriving Fuller families :

http://johnfullerofnewton.com/ancestral/

5/5/2019 at 6:24 PM

And apparently this is the book source tracing the family:

“Genealogy of some descendants of Captain Matthew Fuller, John Fuller of Newton, John Fuller of Lynn, John Fuller of Ipswich, Robert Fuller of Dorchester and Dedham : to which is added supplements to volume I: Genealogy of some descendants of Edward Fuller of the Mayflower, and volume II: Some descendants of Dr. Samuel Fuller, of the Mayflower by William Hyslop Fuller”; 1914,

5/5/2019 at 6:37 PM

Thanks Erica; greatly appreciate it!

5/5/2019 at 6:41 PM

I found a link to the book:

https://books.google.com/books?id=78tMAAAAMAAJ&lpg=PA7&ots=...

But it doesn’t carry Sarah down. So look for Rainger family studies & Records.

5/5/2019 at 7:09 PM

Thanks Erica ....looking through it now.....; I know my (possible) descent from Sarah Rainger; she was a brick wall for me going back....I appreciate your help in finding her parents.

5/5/2019 at 7:38 PM

Are these Edmund’s parents?

Edward Ranger & Joyce Ranger

5/6/2019 at 9:58 AM

That I don't know; as as well being stuck at Edmunds son's wife :

John Ranger married Elizabeth Wyllys (b 1676 (?)); any ideas on her "Wyllys" line?

5/6/2019 at 5:22 PM

I had just been linking a Gov. George Wyllys daughter so immediately thought of that family. But so far don’t see an Elizabeth of the right age.

My suggestion would be to dig in on Edward Ranger and develop his tree on Geni. I think he was married a couple more times for instance, and he is undoubtedly in the Boston Records as a notable bookbinder / bookseller / stationer. So he had property, Estate, and perhaps a pedigree.

5/6/2019 at 5:26 PM

Sorry, meant to tag Capt Edmund Ranger

Also Sarah’s death date & location look wrong. Wrentham I think.

5/6/2019 at 8:09 PM

Yea...Torrey is where I learned of John Ranger & Elizabeth Wyllys; but can't take it back further on the Wyllys side.

5/6/2019 at 8:14 PM

Could she be the grand-daughter of Gov. George Wyllys through Samuel Wyllys (born 1632)?

5/6/2019 at 8:24 PM

You’re looking for an Elizabeth Wyllys of Boston (perhaps Bristol) born around 1675. If the Geni tree is complete, a daughter of Samuel Wyllys or George Wyllys

If you fill in more details on the John Grainger profile it will be easier to search. All I have to go on is a Name. And that he wasn’t a bookseller. Just edit what you know into the profile.

5/9/2019 at 9:35 AM

Erica,

Do you know if Edward Fuller left behind other children (besides Matthew Fuller) in England at the time of his migration? I have heard that its a possibility; any knowledge of this?

Secondly, do you have this resource or know where I can get it:

'Philip Howard Gray, Penobscot Pioneers, Volume 3 (CamdenME: Picton Press, 1993)'

5/9/2019 at 3:06 PM

The book doesn’t have an ebook version. you can find in a library here (or buy on Amazon).

https://www.worldcat.org/title/penobscot-pioneers/oclc/26693630

The Geni tree for the Mayflower Fullers should represent what we know as per the Mayflower Society.

5/10/2019 at 7:52 AM

Thanks Erica!

Showing all 23 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion