Anna Elizabeth Dorothea Maurer (Frahm) - Birth Surname of Anna Elizabeth Dorothea - Frahm or Langhein

Started by Tracey Walsh (born Roestorff) on Monday, June 17, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
6/17/2019 at 6:42 PM

Hi All

I have found a civil death notice that I believe may be of Anna Elizabeth Dorothea Maurer. Here is the link

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-95N9-5S6?i=607&amp...

The reason I believe it may be Anna as it is signed by her daughter Rosina Pohlmann. What flummoxes me is it shows that her birth surname is Langheim. The age and birth date makes sense as well as the fact that she died in the King Williamstown area.

I paid a researcher to go and photograph Gottlieb and Anna's will and as per that document she is definitely shown as Anna Elizabeth Frahm. I'm happy to email the photo's to you. Could it be possible that she briefly married someone else prior to Gottlieb? I have also managed to find the gravestone of the Dorothea Maurer

http://www.graves-at-eggsa.org/main.php?g2_itemId=1276216

If I was in South Africa, I would ideally try to find the records of the German Lutheran Church and try to find details of Anna's marriage to Gottlieb. Alas, I'm in Australia and a bit hampered by what I can do.

Any thoughts on this?

12/30/2019 at 9:46 AM

I am from Latvia, interested in geneology of my family. I am searching for roots of my grandmother, which are from Stendorf. Unfortunately I have no information on what happened with my grandmother’s family. She was born in 13 October, 1896, her name: Martha Maria Hudtwalker; registred in the church book of Eutin. She got maried in Oldenbourg with Pavel Mikel Leopold Stengrevics (he was from Latvia). Aroud 1919 both of them moved to Latvia. Via internet search I found probable names of my grandmothers parents – August Wilhelm Hudtwalker and Magdalena Dorothea Ealisabeth Hudtwalker (born Frahm). I really hope that you may have some references about them, so I could continue on with my research.

Best regards,Ruta

12/30/2019 at 2:10 PM

Lovely to hear from you Ruta. This is very interesting information. I have very little information on Anna Elizabeth Dorothea Frahm. I'm trying to find out more about her - who her parents are etc. What I do know is that she married my 2x great grandfather in South Africa in 1860. My 2x great grandfather was with the German Foreign Legion and arrived in South Africa in 1858 - I'm also trying to establish who his parents were but I'm not familiar with searching German records. They were both definitely German - this was confirmed by a church archivist. Have you done DNA testing? It would be interesting to see if we match.

1/3/2020 at 5:07 AM

Thank you for the very interesting information. Unfortunately I haven't done DNA testing, indeed it would be interesting to see if we match

7/23/2022 at 5:15 AM

Hello! I have done a DNA test. What is your kit?

7/29/2022 at 2:29 PM

Hi Ruta. I have tested with Ancestry and uploaded to GEDMATCH. Are you wanting my GEDMATCH kit details?

7/29/2022 at 2:32 PM

Further to our earlier correspondence I have ascertained that her mother married a Langheim who became her stepfather. I’ve been in correspondence with their descendants who have confirmed via passed down familytree the connection. So her birth surname was definitely Frahm.

8/6/2022 at 11:56 AM

Hello. I want to know your kit. Are we related. My e-mail is ruta st@ inbox.lv
Then it turns out that Anna could be my great-great-grandmother.

8/11/2022 at 1:00 AM

Hi Ruta,

Anna is my 2x great grandmother. She migrated to South Africa with her mother and stepfather in 1858 where she married my 2xgreat grandfather (1858/1859). My great grandfather was born in South Africa in 1881 - he was the youngest of their children.

She was 17 years old when she married my 2x great grandfather Gottlieb Maurer.

Which DNA kit are you talking about? I have tested with Ancestry, Myheritage, LivingDNA and FamilytreeDNA. I have uploaded to GEDMATCH.

Thank you

8/11/2022 at 1:02 AM

I have also uploaded my DNA to the Geni portal.

8/17/2022 at 11:33 AM

Paldies! Mēģināšu atrisināt .🇱🇻

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion