Eizabeth Massie of Podington - Sources?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, July 20, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 20 posts
7/20/2019 at 11:28 PM

What are the Sources for her name as Elizabeth?
The link - http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk/visitations1613/1613.pdf gives her as NN da. to John Massey of Poddington.
Reverting to NN, pending sources - which would be most welcome.

7/20/2019 at 11:34 PM

What are the Sources for her other children?

Mother of Henry Leche; Joan Leche; Margaret Leiche; Revd. Christopher Leche; Jane Leche; Revd. Wlliam Leche, LL.B, Rector of St Mareys,Ipswitch; Ede Leche; Martyn Leche; James Leche

the link: http://cheshire-heraldry.org.uk/visitations1613/1613.pdf p139 gives the following:
NN do John Massey of Podington
x William Leiche, so John Leiche & Margart Maynering
*4 sons (including Raffe Leiche x NN sister to Humfrey Prestley & sister to Tho Leiche's wife)

It would be good to have the Sources that validate the other children.

1/6/2021 at 4:32 AM

Removing them, pending sources.

4/10/2021 at 6:33 PM

Did you remove them ,as our tree was broken . If you contact Dr. Leitch believe he can provide the sources

4/10/2021 at 10:17 PM

It would be great if he did, but he doesn't.

4/10/2021 at 10:33 PM
6/16/2021 at 2:01 PM

I've emailed Dr. Leitch and given him a link to the book you present. However, I don't see Elizabeth Massie since its been removed or unlinked to Wylliam Leche. Since the names William and Wylliam as well as the different forms of the Leche name are fairly common, Its likely you are looking at a different branch of the tree. The Wylliam above was born long after the Willaim you speak of. This Wylliam was also a minister not a Sheriff. Again this leads me to believe these are different parts of the tree.
I may be mistaken but Dr. Leitch has assured me his data is as solid as it can get after 400+ years have passed.

6/16/2021 at 11:39 PM

Unfortunately, I've yet to see any.

Plenty of 400 yr old  profiles have good sources - it's not impossible at all. 
6/17/2021 at 7:40 AM

Unfortunately, You've removed the portion you found a problem with instead allowing the Geni site to note the problem. The easiest way to solve a historical problem is not by erasing it.

6/17/2021 at 11:22 PM

All of the 'problem' is hyperlinked above and easily accessible.
Experience teaches that the 'problem' is never solved by leaving it there - especially with users who never ever provide sources.

6/17/2021 at 11:23 PM

Case in point is this problem of 2 yrs old now.

6/17/2021 at 11:26 PM
I waited 2 yrs without any responses before unlinking. 
6/21/2021 at 11:00 AM

The reason you didn't get a response in 2 years is because he found his data to be accurate. He didn't need to discuss it further as internet arguments tend to unfold from this type of behavior.

Again. I still don't see the link to Wylliam Leche since you've undone the links. This is almost trollish since people like me are looking for ancestors and you've removed them from view. This is hardly a good way to help others. In fact, as I pointed out you could have noted the discrepancies on the family members listing. Please think about being respectful to others in their searches and allow us to make the decision to accept the presented data or not.
You've declared yourself the sole judge and jury for this and its a bit off putting.

6/21/2021 at 10:55 PM

Not going to have this internet argument.

Sources are a genealogical requirement. If it is about respect, you seem to be forgetting this everyone's tree, not just yours and his - and refusing to provide your sources, but expecting your profiles to remain, is the ultimate genealogical disrespect on a collective tree.

Two years is a ridiculous amount of time to leave the tree to be wrong. Mismerges (as I suspect this one is) could never be corrected if people were 'offput' by having to validate profiles.

All profiles involved are recorded above. You are welcome and encouraged to help with sourcing them so we can place them in their correct relationships on the one world tree together.

6/21/2021 at 11:42 PM

Patrick Leitch in trying to help you find where you link to Wylliam Leitch, I see you have only ever added 11 profiles to your family tree, and are not connected into the one world tree that these profiles are in. I'm unsure how you expect to see your link to them then?

7/12/2021 at 12:32 PM

first. I don't need to complete my tree. It is already done by Dr. Leitch. I gave him my info from WIlliam Leitch's burial in Detroit and his children, grandchildren and my brothers. WIlliam Robert Leitch is my Great Grandfather. It's pointless to repeat all the work that Dr. Leitch has thoroughly researched.

Here is a quote from Dr Leitch on your Proof that something was wrong with the tree.
"Hi,

I checked the document you sent, thanks!

Yes I used this among another 12 or so text, way back at the start of this tree.

The branch for Henry Leche and his wife Elizabeth Massey is a separate one, and not directly connected to this particular disconnection.

The original tree has been vandalised in certain places!"

So yes he is fully aware of your data and yes the dates are wrong because God forbid. Some chose to use the same first names for their children. Imagine that a cousin or or other relative did this. Funny my sons name is Andrew and I have a cousin that named his child Andrew. They aren't the same person and have different birth dates by about 20 years. Yet in your world they'd be the same person with one having the wrong birth date.

7/12/2021 at 12:33 PM

and you now have sources so fix it.

7/12/2021 at 11:10 PM

Ignoring your complete rudeness, in the hope of accessing the sources you think I now have. Where are they?

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion