Guillaume de Moyon - Cleaning up the de Mohun lines

Started by Anne Brannen on Saturday, September 14, 2019
Showing all 12 posts
9/14/2019 at 9:44 AM

At the moment I think we have some issues in the de Mohun line which should start from this profile.

I feel fine about adding in children, but I think we nee pd to make cuts, and I think we have an extra generation in here, so it’s best we have public discussion.

According to MedLands, this William’s parents are not known; the parents added here need to be detached: https://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ENGLISHNOBILITYMEDIEVAL3L-O.htm#Wi...

We have his wife as unknown, but it looks like her name is Adelisa, though her parents are unknown.

Three more children can be added to the one we have, Guillaume de Mohun, seigneur de Moyon

Not only does MedLands have no record of him being married to Adelise N.N. this seems to be a repeat of his father.

So I think we need to de-Master, detach, and merge them; this Adelisa is the same as the one in the generation previous; we do not know her parentage, and she should not be connected, therefore, to the de Ponthieus.

His son at the moment, yet another William de Mohun— William de Mohun, of Dunster, 1st Earl of Somerset who has the right dates and is married, correctly, to Agnes de Gant.

I’m sure there are other issues down the line, but the most crucial problem at the moment, is that we have an extra William de Mohun who needs to be taken out. And the Adelisa disconnected from the de Ponthieus.

Pam Wilson (on hiatus)
Will Chapman (Vol. Curator)

Private User
9/14/2019 at 11:18 AM

Do what it will take to fix any of the problems, there have been some changes, since I started this line and am not up to date.

9/14/2019 at 11:59 AM

Thanks!

Private User
9/15/2019 at 9:13 AM

I so appreciate the careful work you do to get this right. While I follow the tree, I have not been actively involved in adding information to it for some time. I do plan to get back to it one of these days when my life is a little less complicated.

9/18/2019 at 9:52 PM

Okay, Anne Brannen I detached the father curated by Will Chapman (Vol. Curator) and inserted teh Medlands text to both generations and added all children and mastered them (since they are documented) and also updated the wikipedia narrative on William the elder.

9/18/2019 at 9:55 PM

I've lost the profile curated by Will that I detached, however--could you or Will find it and de-master it and merge it in, or whatever, if it's a duplicate?

9/18/2019 at 9:58 PM

I know where it is. I’ll merge it in in the morning.

You know, morning where I am.

9/18/2019 at 10:10 PM

Never mind. I found it.

Private User
9/19/2019 at 2:21 PM

Who is Medlands, and where can we find this information.

9/19/2019 at 3:07 PM

The link is in the first post up above.

It is a secondary source, but it is very reliable, because Charles Cawley, who puts ii together, cites the primary sources and gives logical reasoning.

We therefore value it highly, though of course as with all things, it can be argued with if you have strong reliable sources and evidence.

Private User
9/19/2019 at 4:34 PM

Is this something we can look at if we have droughts?
I am coming across some records in some of the files, that have been changed, and they do not match some of the family records, and there is not way of placing where they got the information. Like birth places, death places or dates. Just want to fill in but want it to be right.

9/19/2019 at 5:47 PM

Yes of course! If there is a profile you think should be changed, give us a link to the profile, and cite your sources.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion