Jane Howell (Vanderbilt) - Parents of Jane Vanderbilt Howell?

Started by Dan Cornett on Sunday, September 22, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
9/22/2019 at 10:17 AM

Are the parents & siblings found on FamilySearch.org accurate for Jane?
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/L71R-YVY

"Locking" of relationships (to prevent inadvertent changes) works best when the entire "immediate family" is complete:
parents, siblings, spouses, and children.
All the profiles do not have to be 'complete', as they can still be edited/updated, but all the profiles should be "present" (since a relationship locks prevents adding or removing from the immediate family without a Curator's assistance).

9/22/2019 at 10:39 AM

Private User: Why do you think Jane's parents are not
Jacob Aertse Vanderbilt, I & Neeltje Vanderbilt ?

Private User
9/22/2019 at 4:02 PM

Many researches have tried to find evidence of who her parents are for almost 20 years with no luck. We do know that Jacob listed all of his children in his will - and Jane was not included.

https://www.familysearch.org/photos/artifacts/12850727?cid=mem_copy

9/22/2019 at 5:54 PM

Thank you for that link, Heather.

Has his (Jacob's) will been upload to Jacob's profile yet?

It seems to me there are two actions to "fixing" this:
-- verifying and locking Jacob & Neeltje's family (so any future "Jane" can't be added
-- locking this Jane Howell profile's relationships so new parent's can't be added (along with Curator Note to ask for help if someone later discovers who they really are.

... and, preferably, uploading a copy of Jacob's will to his Source's tab and referencing it on the children's profiles' Sources.

... and, preferably, removing the parents of Jane on FamilySearch.org -- but, unfortunately, there's no mechanism I know of to "lock" it from putting a "Jane" back ....

I'll work on those first two actions in a little while.

Private User
9/22/2019 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the help. I have uploaded a copy of the will to Jacob's page.

9/22/2019 at 7:35 PM

I've locked those two family groups (as outlined previously), removed Jane (and some others!) on FamilySearch.org (for however long that may stay ...), and I've added the children of Adrian Vanderbilt as specified in Jacob's will (and locked that family, too).

Now, if those who know the documentation for that Vanderbilt clan could check, verify, and add the spouse and children of those other 9 siblings of Adrian, we'll be well on the way to having this branch much "cleaner"!

9/22/2019 at 7:46 PM

Thank you, Heather; great job.

I've used that to cite against Jane's profile (gender field as a useful miscellaneous).

It would be nice if you could add each of the children citing it as evidence for their (first) name (in the Note field) -- that will link each of the children's profiles to that one document - and perhaps Adrian's children, too!

9/23/2019 at 10:38 AM

I added the citations for the children of Jacob and the grrandchildren noted (those of Adrian). Those can be seen in the Sources tab of each profile.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion