Olof Wästerström - Wästerström all over

Started by Private User on Sunday, November 17, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User

@ Olof Wästerström Let me notify you that from making this person's wife Dorothea Klug "Mrs Wästerström" the name has invaded all her maternal and paternal ancestors and made them Wästerström. In many cases their proper family name ia lost. I have notified Söderström who seems to be responsible for a recent merge, but it seems somehow this is a matter of Genis poor relationship to "maiden names" as some kind of cross cultural concept, since a couple of days back also for men. When you use Geni in another language than English you contribute to a use of maiden names that might be invisible to the tree builder, but actually messes up and vandalises vast parts of the tree.

I guess this problem is due to the new inconsistency system implemented by totally ignorant and uninformed Geni developers.
The inconsistency system should be abandoned as fast as possible.

Private User

My notification of this discussion to Private User failed, so I do it again. I have removed many cases of surnames spreading wildly in the tree also before the system of "inconsistentcy", a system I am surw will make it worse. But it also happens when you merge profiles who are constructed from different languages. If you build from a profile created in Swedish one person's "maiden name" can spread very far without you even seeing it.

Private User

Most of the remaining profiles had data conflicts. Resolving the right versions (choosing blanks for the Wästerström fields) solved it in most cases. Obviously the merged tree had some bad data in the Swedish language-tab.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion