Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
12/5/2019 at 7:53 PM

Hello! I found your mtdna group days ago and I’m interested in learning more about it. I took a DNA test recently and my mtdna is H1b1b, I’m originally from Costa Rica and I supposed my mother’s ancestry is from Spain but it seems this H1b1b isn’t a common subclade and I don’t have many matches in mtdna full sequence test to compare with. I would like to know if you know more about this H1b1b and if you can share more info with me. It seems some people from Sweden and Hungary have this same haplogroup.

Regards,

Andrea Vasconcelos

7/6/2023 at 6:49 AM

Hello, I have the same H1b1b my dna kits are at myheritage ancestry 23andme livingdna et familytreedna ans geneanet.org. i live in France at thé spanish border basque country.

Juste fond your post today

Best regards

Beatrice

Private User
10/1/2023 at 7:35 PM

Hi Beatrice.
Thanks for ypur message.
Yes!! I noticed my mom has Basque surnames in her maternal lineage!
I would like to learn more about your genealogy. I'll try to contact you directly.
Thanks!!!

Private User
10/4/2023 at 12:59 AM

Hallo Ihr Lieben, auch ich habe die maternale Haplogruppe H1b1b, wobei ich in Siebenbürgen geboren wurde und meine ganzen Ahnen bis ca 1800 rückverfolgbar auch.
Meine Mutter ist deutscher Abstammung mütterlicherseits und väterlicherseits rumänischer Abstammung.
Soweit ich das überblicken kann, ist unsere Haplogruppe relativ jung und scheint ihren Anfang in Deutschland genommen zu haben.

Liebe Grüße, Hajnal.

Private User
10/28/2023 at 7:22 PM

Hello Hajnal. That's sounds interesting! How do you know our maternal haplogroup has a German origina? From which area in Germany is your maternal family from? Can you share some your maternal surnames. Thanks and regards, Andrea

Private User
10/29/2023 at 2:31 AM

@Andrea

I used the SNP Tracker and the map shows a point in North Germany by the river Weser.
My maternal family branch are Transilvanian Saxons , who got to Transilvania over 800 years ago from the "Rhein/Mosel-Gebiet" or Luxembourg.
Maternal surnames are back to about 1800:
Kreutzer, Roth, and 3× Weber, Blum and Rauh.
Very funny, that my husbands mt Hapolgroup is H1b1b, too. We are not related, as I was born in Transilvania and him in Germany. His maternal family went in the 1800s from Baden-Württemberg to Hungary and came back to Germany by WW2.
Maternal surnames of my husband are Schöll, Teicher and Graf.
Best wishes, Hajnal

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion