Henry Harrison Hand, Sr. - Please Resolve Conflicts: Henry Hand Sr (1735-1811)

Started by Private User on Friday, December 27, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
12/27/2019 at 3:04 PM

Could someone please provide proof that his middle name was Harrison? The Harrison name does not come into the family until a generation later, when his son Henry (1753-1835) marries Sarah Elizabeth Harrison. They name their son Henry Harrison Hand (1791-1871).

Specifically to Sherry R who has locked the profile, please correctly identify his spouse as Sarah Hand (Miller), instead of private so that everyone can merge profiles into one person.

His will mentions the following children: Robert Hand, Henry Hand, John Hand and daughter Lidy Nelson (Hand). It also mentions son in law Jabish Newberry, James Nelson, and Henry Newberry. This would lead me to believe there are 2 other daughters whose names were not provided since there has to be a daughter to have a son in law (unless Lydia just happens to marry all 3 men).

Which brings me to another conflict: Lydia Nelson. The will of Henry, her father, says her husband's name is James, not Charles. And there is a question on when Lydia Hand was born. Going by the birthdates of her siblings, the year 1768 makes sense, not 1774. Additionally one would need to consider her life span, 104 or 94 years so perhaps her date of death should be adjusted. I do not have a suggestion on that.

I think that people are confusing two individuals named Lydia Hand.There are other Lydia Hands (Cousins, 2nd cousins) out there. I believe Lydia Hand that married James Nelson was born in 1768 and Lydia (Bell) that married Charles Nelson was born in 1774, and they are not the same family. One group of them are from New York and the other are from Cape May NJ.

Open for discussion and ideas....

3/3/2022 at 2:53 PM

I see this was questioned back in 2019 and no one responded and I'm here tracing a DNA cousin line and ran into the fact that other trees on Ancestry show this Henry Harrison Hand Sr. as Henry Wainscott Hand Sr., which makes more sense, given that he named a son Henry Wainscott Hand Jr. Everything matches up as far as mother, spouse, etc. just the middle name is different.

Then, as pointed out in the 2019 post, it was the son, Henry Wainscott Hand Jr. who married a Harrison wife.

It seems unlikely that Harrison was this Henry's middle name.

3/3/2022 at 9:15 PM

The profile is not locked. I removed the “Harrison” middle name.

3/4/2022 at 6:27 AM

Thanks, Erica.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion