Eschelyn, of Molle - Is she a mixup?

Started by Erica Howton on Saturday, December 28, 2019
Showing all 5 posts
12/28/2019 at 2:42 PM

Private User Writes:

I cannot find any record evidence for this lady. It would seem that existence depends upon the following account by Dr. Robert Lundie Smith, who seems to have confused the Lundin family with the London family:

"In the mid 12th century a Thomas de Londoniis settled in Scotland. His ancestor was believed to be William de Londres the 1st lord of Kidwelly. It is most likely, by examination of dates, that Thomas was the son of William de Londres. He could have been no less than his grandson. Thomas was married to Escheyne, daughter of Uchtred de Molle, who was in turn the son of Liulf de Molle. Note that there are some claims that Uchtred is descended from Crinan, the father of the ill-fated Duncan King of Scotland who was murdered by Macbeth. Thomas de Londoniis and Escheyne de Molle were known to have had three children, Malcolm de Lundin, Phillip de Lundin and Escheyne de Molle."

I would like to disconnect her from Thomas of London and merge her profile with the profile of Walter the first steward's wife, Eschina of London, alias Eschina of Molle or Mow, but there are 41 managers, including ourselves.

Can you all me know what you think?

I have no objection. Anyone else?

12/28/2019 at 2:43 PM

Eschina of London is the proposed other side of the merge.

12/28/2019 at 3:33 PM

Concur with Erica for correction.

12/29/2019 at 12:33 AM

There have been several places where people in the piece of the tree got copied into different generational branches; I let her stay, but agree she should go. She should be merged with the Eschine who is in the right place.

12/29/2019 at 1:40 AM

Done, please double check.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion