Groby Warrington Rogers - Harry Grey, Lord Grey of Groby, later 4th Earl of Stamford (1715-1768)

Started by Private User on Friday, January 31, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Dear Carol,

I am contacting you about your family tree of the Warrington Rogers. My mother in law is a Warrington Rogers. Her relatives are on your tree. We are wondering if you had any evidence about the relationship between Mary Rogers and Lord Grey of Groby? Family legend has it that we are descended from Lord grey. I feel sure we are related to them as my husband and his brother look like members of that family seen in portraits. I tried out a method used on family secrets (Channel 4) in episode eight or nine transferring photographic images onto an old painted image and my husbands face fitted exactly. I even made a formal inquiry to the council as to if there was a bastardy bond related to that relationship and there was not. Enville would hold any records if there are any. It would be amazing to try to get further information from somewhere. I wondered if you had explored that route? Are you related to a chap called Jim Rogers or Jim Warrington Rogers. He would be a cousin to my Mother in law I believe. I did try to contact him on behalf of my mother in law but did not hear back.

Best wishes Melanie Dodwell

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion