GENI event documentation

Started by Paul Louis Doré on Monday, July 27, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
7/27/2020 at 7:37 AM

The Event no longer provides only a comments section, nothing else is left.

The essentiel Documents and Photos section used to load up and thus validate the event have disappeared ?

Please advise if this will be only a clinch ?

7/27/2020 at 7:44 AM

Correction:

The Event no longer provides only a comments section, nothing else is left.

The essentiel Documents and Photos sections used to load up and thus validate THE SOURCES of the event have disappeared ?

7/27/2020 at 8:29 AM

Correction #2:

The Event provides SUDDENLY only a comments section, nothing else is left.

The essentiel Documents and Photos sections used to load up and thus validate THE SOURCES of the event have disappeared ?

7/27/2020 at 8:38 AM

Autres precisions

The Event seems to provde SUDDENLY only a comments section, nothing else is left.

N.B. Even the Comments section is inaccessible to enter data

Private User
7/27/2020 at 1:37 PM

Events, and other entities (including marriage details) do not have a revision history and the data therefore cannot be recovered, so further protection is necessary. This limitation is imposed by the Geni's choice of computer architecture.

At one time, only the author (not even curators) could edit events - everyone else saw the comments section. This has changed over time, to include, then exclude, managers and collaborators.

I would suggest attempting to edit an event of your own creation to test if this is still the case.

Timeline Events used to be on the profile page, directly under the About section. Then a tab was created and they were moved to the tab make them less obvious. It still has this presentation if you're not logged in, as you can't edit anything anyway.

We used timeline events extensively in days gone by, but now they are too much trouble. How would a viewer even know that there were timeline events present? We added a note to all of the About sections but it's generally not read.

Private User
7/27/2020 at 11:31 PM

If a Public Profile is not one I would be able to edit if it were Private (and I am not collaborating with a Manager) then for that Public Profile I cannot enter an About for the autocreated events, cannot attach documents to those events, etc. -- has been that way for a very long time.
Ditto for not being able to write in the Comments section.
However, thiought I could read what was entered by those that did have edit rights. Since few use it, hard to check if I can now.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion