Delete tree

Started by Mariza Stella Harris on Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 3 posts
8/5/2020 at 1:01 AM

Hi people,

I need to delete my tree and start again. Is there a way to delete the whole tree without having to go through every single person on the tree to delete each person?

Thank you

Private User
8/5/2020 at 5:28 AM

Mariza Stella Harris - Since you are not yet connected to the world tree with other users where deleting profiles would destroy their tree as well the easiest way is simply closing your account. As part of that process you get options on what to do with your profiles, where deleting is one option.

You find your account settings, as most sites with a login, by clicking your own name at the upper right.

8/6/2020 at 1:15 AM

Thank you Bjorn, I was managing to delete the profiles one by one but now I can't find how to do it. I had 23 pages left to delete. It was in GEDCOM Import and Export tab with the options to permanently delete. I managed to find the profiles I manage but there is no options to delete. I simply wanted to delete the private notes that were imported when uploaded the tree but the only way was to delete one at a time. So I may as well delete the lot and start again. I don't want to delete my profile without ensuring that the profiles with the notes have been deleted first.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion