Viney Harris - Viney Colbert Harris

Started by Private User on Saturday, August 8, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
8/8/2020 at 5:51 PM

Was Silsey’s daughter, not her sister. Her daughter was Mary Stick who birthed Angeline Gore

8/9/2020 at 3:15 PM

So Silsey was Viney’s daughter. Mary Stick was Viney’s daughter. Angeline Gore was Mary’s daughter. Is Stick a married or maiden name? Is Gore a married or maiden name? Is Harris a married name of Viney?

8/9/2020 at 3:16 PM

Where are you in the tree?

Private User
8/12/2020 at 12:01 AM

Silsey Sudy was Viney’s mother. Mary Stick/Goer/Gore was Viney Colbert/Harris/Stick ‘s daughter. She was my great great grandmother.
I think there were more Vineys.
Angeline Goer/Gore was Mary Stick’s (my great grandmother) daughter, Angeline was my grandmother, married Albert Page Lillard.
Ruby Lillard was her daughter and my mother.
We drove out to theIr graves but no one was available to let us in. It’s on private property now.
There are also conflicting Silseys. One was born in Mississippi according to the LDS church, I read. The other in Frisco. I think mine was from Mississippi not Frisco.
Daugherty Winchester Colbert has 3 conflicting sets of parents online that I’ve come across so far.
I know Mary Stick was my great grandmother, but there are conflicting Vineys.
Trying to match my DNA to possible ancestors. Grandma was Chickasaw, grandpa William Goer/ Gore was half Choctaw or something.
My mom was schizophrenic so I didn’t get much info from her as her mom died when she was 3 and Alma too.
Grandpa wouldn’t talk about Angie. He married 3 times. I loved him dearly but didn’t have much contact with him since mom moved to California. When grandma died, great grandma and Grandpa Gore , on the Choctaw roll by then, took her for a few years and the kids were spit up among the family until he married Inez. They briefly went to Indian school but aunt Ola Flatt has blue eyes like grandpa and the kids made fun of her and told her she did belong there so the kids were pulled out. Mom liked it there. Mom made it very clear to me that I was Indian. Being 70, that’s what they were called when I was little.
They attended Indian School with her cousin Lois Clifford.
My sister Darlene did the researching -ddg, but died last May and I don’t have access to her research. She thinks Nancy Frasier was Daughtery’s mom but Our Mtdna DNA is Chickasaw.
Family Tree DNA had a hit on an ancestor in Mississippi called She Minth’a Brown, Chickasaw. Can’t find her. B2 B4’5
I don’t believe Nancy Frasier to be related to Daugherty Winchester Colbert because she lived far past his adulthood when he was raised by another family. I haven’t seen anything about her being Chickasaw but haven’t researched that long.
Thanks for the response.
I’m really just trying to put a middle into two ends blindly.

Private User
8/15/2020 at 2:56 PM

Viney must have married an unknown Harris. She then married Martin Stick who got separated from his family., There are still Martin Sticks in the Stonewall, Ada, Lula, Allen area. Martin Stick was husband to Mary Stick, Viney’s daughter. Mary Stick was Angeline’s mother. Angeline Belle Stick married William (Benson-I think) Goer/Gore. William Stick was half Choctaw. Mary Stick was Chickasaw. Angeline changed to the Choctaw roll for land in the Lula, Allen (Ada?) area. I haven’t plotted the old land the family received. Angie had 4 children but one died after she did at age 29 of tuberculosis.Angeline Belle married Albert Page Lillard. They had William, Ola and Ruby Lillard. Ruby had 4 children. Ola had 2, William had 2 sons with his first wife. He got remarried and inherited a daughter, Nell, and had another daughter. Her brothers considered Nell their sister. They are all deceased except Nell.
I was so excited to find that!

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion