Gilliam Harris, Sr. - Death and childen of this Gillliam Haris

Started by Private User on Monday, August 17, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 26 posts
Private User
8/17/2020 at 12:03 PM

He was not the Giliam Harris in the 1810 Warren Co Ky census as he had already died in 1795 in South Carolina where his brother Braddoch Harris administered his Will which has been pulished by Jahn A Brayton decades ago. His son Sidon John Harris is the living male Harris descendant that a living male has taken a Family Tree DNA yDNA test that has been tested to Gilliam Harris and verified by myself as the Lead Family Tree DNA Harris Surname Project Lead Researcher, Family Bible supplied by this FTDNA kit submitter to me supplied the names and dates of birth of siblings of Sidon John Harris and their mother but under European Union Data Restrictions that data cannot be divulged. This Gilliam Harris was NOT the fatherof any Giliam harris, Susannah Wood, Gillla Harris, Isaac Harris or Nathan Harris, This entire dialog has been stolen from two seperate familysearch.org profilves the first created Annette Rardin for the unrelated one in KY and the second in NC by myself and John A Brayton, both professessinal genealogists. Evidently since both John and myself have left FamilySearch as a Ancestry,com shill, someone has joined these two profiles into one.

Private User
8/17/2020 at 1:52 PM

Note the one on Ky 1810 census is claimed to be the son of John Harris 1740 on DNA Grouo 8.

Private User
8/24/2020 at 12:41 PM

Cythia Curtuts Hicks has not removed the undocumented data for the Gilliam Harris of Kentucky which she evidently is related to and not this unrelated Gilliam Harris of Burke NC. It is perpectectly obvious that she she borrowed copyrighted data from myself and John Brayton from FamilySearch.org and copied it onto Genie Profiles without the evidence of the difference of the two profiles,

8/24/2020 at 3:30 PM

Private User, I do not know what you are trying to say.

Break it down for me please?

Are you saying I NEED to DO something on this profile?

8/24/2020 at 3:34 PM

What exactly have you copyrighted? It appears to me that everything on this profile is referenced.

Is there a bad merge? Is there incorrect information? Are you not able to make corrections?

I am happy to help and happy to make corrections but I will not try to presume anything and I certainly have no issue with you fixing what you know.

Private User
8/24/2020 at 5:40 PM

Anything sent by email is automatically copyrighted to the original sender, including emails sent to a privater website such as familysearch, geni, wikitree and Ancestry.. What I am asking you to do as moderator, is to unlinki this Gilliam Harris profile from the different Gilliam Harris that disappeared in Warren Kentucky after 1810.Those references that cite the NC Gilliam Harris were originally emailed to familysearch by either myself or John A Brayton and some of them reworded by others without our permissision.

8/24/2020 at 7:33 PM

Who is Gilliam Harris of Kentucky? Is there another Geni profile?

8/24/2020 at 7:34 PM

I think you need a curator. I can not make heads nor tails of anything you are saying.

8/24/2020 at 7:39 PM

I did THIS merge and it is a GOOD merge: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78598536940

Anything you think needs to be done to this profile or some other, you are free to "fix" it or ask for help.

I am unfollowing this thread.

8/24/2020 at 8:29 PM

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 I undid the merge,

Your profile died in KY. This one did not.

Gilliam Harris, Sr., of KY

8/24/2020 at 9:00 PM

Can you make those private profiles public while you are on it? And remove whatever this guy is saying needs removed.

8/24/2020 at 9:03 PM

“My “ profile says South Carolina. What else is different between them? What am I missing?

8/25/2020 at 5:33 AM

In order to prevent confusion and to facilitate correcting, I will remove and delete the profile I added while tree building. I work from DNA and dirty working trees so I do sincerely appreciate what is being done here and I apologize for adding anything incorrect.

My relationship is very close, yes.

Private User
8/25/2020 at 1:39 PM

No, this is not a good merge to join two totally different Gilliam Harris into one, especially when they have two totally different profiles, As Erika said, your profile was from Kentucky with no wife and many children while the 2nd came from NC to SC with no stated children.but a wife.. .

8/25/2020 at 1:48 PM

I deleted it. You're welcome.

8/25/2020 at 1:52 PM

@Erica's profile was from Kentucky.
I removed mine to make the tree better.
I am related.
Be nice.

Private User
8/25/2020 at 2:13 PM

No, you have removed the Gilliam Harris who has a date of birith, a proven wife and one child and proven DNA and parents and left the unrelated Gillian Harris who has NO documented DNA, parents, wife, only children but no date or place of Will.

8/25/2020 at 2:17 PM

Ok. I have now UNdeleted him.
Erica Howton, PLEASE talk some sense into this bully.
I have had enough.

Private User

And the entire line of Edward's descendants back to CapThomas Harris d1658 is Family Tree DNA Haplo Group !-M253, not R1a1b2 as Geni has posted.

It would appear the Geni user wants to dictate and direct but does not wish to add or manage much less have an online tree.

Private User
8/25/2020 at 2:30 PM

Like, I said, once you remove this Gilliam Harris Sr and his children from this Edward Harris and Sarah Gilliam link with his entire time line, then I will add the documented Gilliam Harris, his documented wife, parents, actual date of birth and death, and all of his children.

Private User
8/25/2020 at 2:50 PM

The entire family tree of Giiliam Harris Sr of Warren Co Kentucky has never been proven or documented before I add a Gilllaim Harris as the son of Edward Harris and Sarah Gilliam in Jan 2020 on FamilySearch.com with no connections to this Gilliam Sr in KY. whose childen do no match those of the one that died in SC. Both John Brayton and myself, certified professional genealogists left FamilySearch as a Ancestry shilll that preferred
data from LDS patrons over profesional work of decades. The documented line of Gilliam Harris to his father Edward Harris was documented in a 1962 Book by Marie Frances Key that proved nine generations of Edward Harris and Sarah Gilliam descendants.

8/25/2020 at 2:58 PM

Just to make sure I got it right.

“Mountain Ned” & his wife the widow Sarah Gilliam were NOT the parents of Gilliam Harris, Sr., of KY who married Sarah. I’ve disconnected from parents.

Notes in profile will be updated again after the other Gilliam is entered.

8/25/2020 at 2:59 PM

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LKM7-KKV?icid=amp_...

Proven and verified by a certified professional genealogist as the son of Edward Harris and Sarah Giliam.
THIS GILLIAM HARRIS has one living direct male Harris descendant, and descendants of five brothers Braddock, Edward, Stephen, Minyard and David Harris who all have exact yDNA markers proven and verified as sons of Edward Harris and Sarah Gilliam. The father Edward Harris and two brothers fought in the Battle of Kings Mountain in NC during the Revolutionary War, two of them fatally wounded. The father Edward Harris has been a documented gr grandson of Capt Thomas Harris of Jamestown for over three decades.This is the correct Life Sketch for this Gillim which is shown in the Tree of this Gilliam Harris,

===Sources
*https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/sources/LKM7-KKV
*FAMILY & KITH & KIN OF THOMAS ROBERT ANDERSON and EMMA ELIZABETH BAILEY, DESCENDANTS OF EARLY PIONEERS OF WAYNE COUNTY, ILLINOIS HISTORY & GENEALOGY. Self-published and Authored in 1991 by - D. Edwin Howe & Dorothy (Anderson) Howe.
*"Revised Edition, Burke: The History of a North Carolina County, 1777-1920, With a Glimpse Beyond" Edward William Phifer, Jr. Privately published by author, Morganton, North Carolina, 1982?
*Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States, Call #975.685 H2p Notes Page 390, "List of Alleged Loyalists in Burke County Indicted by State of North Carolina in 1782." The State vs. . . . George Sealy, Gilliam Harris.
*"United States Census, 1810," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XH29-DQJ : accessed 13 April 2018), Gilliam Harris, Warren, Kentucky, United States; citing p. 245, NARA microfilm publication M252 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.), roll 8; FHL microfilm 181,353.
*https://www.familytreedna.com/public/harris-ydna?iframe=yresults Group 8 for Edward “Ned” Harris b 1704 Y DNA Haplogroup I-M253

8/25/2020 at 3:13 PM

Here’s the other Gilliam Harris

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion