Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
11/26/2020 at 12:21 PM

I have found records for two distinct women named Anna Borinstein living in Indianapolis, Indiana in the early 1900's.
One is Anna Borinstein who died in 1936
The other is Anna Borinstein who died in 1938

They each had a son Louis, they each had a son Philip, and they each had a daughter Emma, as well as other children.

I have merged two records for one of the Annas, plus attached the profile of one of her children who was on Geni without parent, and added profiles for missing children I could not find on Geni.

Indiana has a wonderful searchable digitized Newspaper Collection, which helps immensely in figuring out who is in which family
https://newspapers.library.in.gov/

Private User
11/27/2020 at 8:00 PM

Just found yet another child for the first Anna - so both families had a daughter named Leah also.

Private User
11/27/2020 at 9:19 PM

The first Anna's husband is M. Joseph Abraham Borinstein
I merged two versions of that couple.
One version managed by Adam Robert Brown and Alex Eben Meyer
The other version managed by Jeff Meyerson (c)

Adam, do you have any recollection why you changed hie first name from Joseph to "M. Joseph"? (That was back in 2011)
You had them with two of their children, Abe and Louis,
You had Anna with her parents and three siblings, which definitely seem to be a match for this family, as is Louis' s wife and descendants - but I am not seeing any first initial M, so want to make sure I am not inadvertently changing somebody into somebody else - and if not, can we drop the "M. "?

Jeff - your version of this couple just had one child Emma Ciralsky - she, her spouse, their descendants definitely match this family, even tho you had Anna's birth surname as Cohn and her Death Location as South Bend, which was where Emma lived, but not her parents, and having found Anna's Death Certificate, I have changed Anna's Death Location.
I am also thinking Joseph's Birth location was not "Queens County, New York" - His Death Certificate says born Poland.
Again, if there is any chance this was supposed to be a different couple, let me know.

Adam and Jeff -- Joseph's Death Certificate shows his parents as Abraham Borinstein and Leah Labelsky.
.The husband of the other Anna is Moses Borinstein.
He is managed solely by Adam and his JOWBR record, which Adam included, shows his parents as being Abraham Borinstein and Leah.
I am thinking - parents with same names, they are the right age to be siblings, several of their children have the same names -- Moses and Joseph are siblings and should be connected as such.

Private User
11/29/2020 at 3:03 PM

I have connected Joseph and Moses as brothers.

--There is information in the U.S., Special Census on Deaf Family Marriages and Hearing Relatives, 1888-1895 (seen in AncestryLibrary). It includes information for the Marriage of William Borinstein on Oct 30/92 - and in the information on his family says Father: Abraham Borinstein -- Mother: "Leo Rubailsky" -- and it says the parents' living children are: Joseph, Moses, William, Rosa, Dora. Also says "Some died, ages and names not known,"

--Moses' obit included among his survivors: " a brother, Willie Bornstein of Chicago; a sister, Mrs. Rose Solomon" - Willie would = William and Rose would = Rosa
On William's info,
Leo was probably supposed to be Lea

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion